[Call of Cthulhu d20] The Snake Pit - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Arkham, Massachusetts, March 1st, 1932 -

Wet, rotten leaves blow through the skeletal trees, over dirty piles of melting snow, and pile up against the wall of Miskatonic University. A respected research facility, endowed with an enormous library containing many unusual and rare tomes, Miskatonic University has one of the finest collections of occult books in the world.

Many respected professors lie within its walls, but there are also a few that reside outside of them. Professor Eugene Witherspoon, Doctor of Cults of Africa, was committed to Arkham Asylum over two decades ago. He apparently set fire to the old asylum after visiting a doctor, and killing him. Despite his current situation, his books on cults and their odd rituals remain required reading amongst those who wish to follow in his line of work.

Also, the Professor was known for his charity work, particularly amongst the orphans and poor children of the area. He is remembered fondly, but most people rather pretend that he's dead, instead of mentioning his shameful downfall. But despite two decades of incarceration and numerous attempts to correct his delusional thinking, Eugene continues his daily rants and raves about incomprehensible things.

But in the past week he has become more lucid, and has suddenly asked for the company of several friends.

Those are you. Some may be former colleagues or students. Others may be grown-up orphans or poor children that he helped. A few may be distant relatives. Some may even been doctors, nurses, or orderlies that have cared for him over the years. But you have one thing in common, the request of an insane man.

~~~

This will be a Call of Cthulhu game, d20, set in the date and time above. From Joshua Dyle's original thread, here are those that expressed interest and have a reserved spot.

Our Intrepid Investigators

Daisy Gene Velmont - Female Cat Burglar (offense option) 4, played by Tailspinner

Dr. Adon Augustus Ashe, Professor of Chemistry and Physics, Miskatonic University - Male Professor (defense option) 4, played by Hrothgar

Agatha O'Reilly - Female Madwoman (offense option), played by Ashy

A.C.G. (Arthur Charles George) "Hightower" Llewellyn - Male Detective (defense option) 4, NPC

Patrick “Pat” O’Donald - Male Reporter (defensive option) 4, played by Gomez

Dayton Williams - Male Mechanic and Orderly (offensive option) 4, played by jdeleski

~~~~~~~~~~

Character generation information -

1920's time frame

Stat-rolling will be by Nadaka's Dicebox, 4d6 drop the lowest, arrange as desired.

We will be starting in Arkham, MA. If someone wants to be from Miskatonic University, they may. Feel free to make up or research places for you to work or play that are appropriate to the time and region. Plundering Lovecraft's own stories for this is recommended, and will get you a brownie point.

4th level.

Hit points are max at first, 75% + Con each level there after.

Psychic feats are allowed, but I would rather that everyone not have them.

Please put your characters in the Rogue's Gallery.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Damn...Well Isada I'm going to have to pull out of this one due to not being able to get a d20 Cthulhu rule book (none of the hobby stores around here had any copies...) I was really looking forward to this but tis life...Give me a shout out when you start another in the future...

ferretguy said:
Damn...Well Isada I'm going to have to pull out of this one due to not being able to get a d20 Cthulhu rule book (none of the hobby stores around here had any copies...) I was really looking forward to this but tis life...Give me a shout out when you start another in the future...
Yeah, the book is out of print. You can get it via Amazon at a decent price; under $25. I'd certainly recommend it; it's probably my favorite rpg book that I own.

trilobite

Explorer
ferretguy said:

You could try a big book store like Barnes and Noble. They sometimes have a copy.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey there, I was just wondering if people had some character concepts in mind, so I can see how I have to tailor my cultists- er... storyline. We have a crazy old goat of a detective... and who else? Professor? Doctor? Inmate? Fisherman?

Remove ads