• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu d20 Preservation Society

Gomez

First Post
I know that Call of Cthulhu d20 is out of print and unsupported by Choasium. But I love it and I want to see it thrive. I am currently running a Masks of Nyarlathotep Play by Post game and I am starting up a Delta Green game using the rules.

So....

*standing up and clearing my throat*

"My name is Gomez and I play Call of Cthulhu d20!"

anyone else?

Last edited:

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
While I don't play CoC itself very often, it's one of my most-used d20 books. I'm waiting for the Delta Green book to come out with d20 stats .... but I'm not sure if it ever will.

--fje

I love that book. We use it a fair amount in our neck of the woods; we have an intermittent Cthulhu campaign, and I borrow tons of elements for my d20 Fantasy campaign all the time.

I'd love to get our actual Cthulhu game back off the ground again, though. Either that or start up a new one.

Anthraxus

Explorer
I love Call of Cthulhu d20, and would like to play it more often. I'm still waiting patiently for Delta Green d20. I email Scott Glancy every 6-8 months to ask "if it's coming out yet", but it just seems to keep getting pushed back. Last time, he thought it would be ready for Gencon SoCal. I guess it wasn't. :(

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Gomez said:
I know that Call of Cthulhu d20 is out of print and unsupported by Choasium. But I love it and I want to see it thrive. I am currently running a Masks of Nyarlathotep Play by Post game and I am starting up a Delta Green game using the rules.
I want to do some converting of Gaslight (1890s) to d20. I love the Victorian era, and I absolutely love the idea of investigating Cthulhu in the era... I'm thinking of making a document showing how 1920s scenarios can be retrofitted to Gaslight, similar to how there's been notes made on using Cthulhu Now scenarios in Delta Green. I also hope to do some d20 conversions of scenarios from Gaslight, Dark Designs, Sacraments of Evil and The Golden Dawn.

BTW, Gomez, I'm assuming the Masks of Nyarlathotep you're running from is the Complete version? I noticed last night on the Chaosium site that it has a few new chapters beyond what were in the original campaign. I know one of the new ones in the Complete edition is the Australia chapter, what are the chapters in it if you don't mind telling? I'm just curious which are new. Of course, if you're running from the original and not Complete it's a moot point.

Gomez

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
I want to do some converting of Gaslight (1890s) to d20. I love the Victorian era, and I absolutely love the idea of investigating Cthulhu in the era... I'm thinking of making a document showing how 1920s scenarios can be retrofitted to Gaslight, similar to how there's been notes made on using Cthulhu Now scenarios in Delta Green. I also hope to do some d20 conversions of scenarios from Gaslight, Dark Designs, Sacraments of Evil and The Golden Dawn.

BTW, Gomez, I'm assuming the Masks of Nyarlathotep you're running from is the Complete version? I noticed last night on the Chaosium site that it has a few new chapters beyond what were in the original campaign. I know one of the new ones in the Complete edition is the Australia chapter, what are the chapters in it if you don't mind telling? I'm just curious which are new. Of course, if you're running from the original and not Complete it's a moot point.

I would love to see a Gaslight conversion. I would really like to see a Gaslight list of firearms and item costs and such. Did you ever get the Shadow over Baker Street book. It has some neat mythos Sherlock Holmes stories. I read the first couple and the promptly lost my book. :(

As for conversions, I have Realm of Shadows and I might do a conversion of it in the near future.

Yes. I am running the Complete verison. I think the Australian chapter is the only new one but I am not sure.

BTW! Hurray for you doing a Delta Green game and doing Dead Letter! I love that scenerio from Countdown! You got me looking at my Delta Green stuff again and my creative juices going. So I had to run a DG game too!

Last edited:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
There was a great Delta-Green-type CoC adventure in Polyhedron that I ran at a con and it was GREAT fun. Um, I forget what issue but it was the one with the Genetech game in it, I think.

Turanil

First Post
I do have d20 CoC and love it. This one of my preferred d20 books, extremely well done. Nonetheless, I plan to use it in conjunction with Grim Tales for the rules / PCs. In any case, i would like seeing it published and supported again.

I wonder about "Pulp Cthulhu" which is supposed to have d20 rules in addition to BRP ones...

Gomez

First Post
Turanil said:
I wonder about "Pulp Cthulhu" which is supposed to have d20 rules in addition to BRP ones...

Chaosium offically stated that there will be no "Pulp Cthulhu". I guess they are so strapped for money they could not even think about printing it.

Edit: Let me correct myself. Chaosium said that there would be no d20 content in "Pulp Cthulhu"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads