Confessions you don't want making it to the new server!

alsih2o

First Post
When I was 12, I altered a die to read "6" on all 6 faces. I was never caught.

When I was 14 my DM had a die that seemed to come up with 18-20 too frequently. I accidentally set it on the stove...for too long.

My art career, in many ways, started by selling painted minis.

The first time I tried ot cast a mini the lead leaked through the seams horribly. I was too lazy to finish the work and used it in a game claiming it was a new monster, the "Splitta." He had 2 personalities, one for each side of the flashing.

In the same age range, we frequently settled major combats in the backyard with long pieces of bamboo rather than rolling dice.

What's yours?

Turanil

First Post
I was young, it was AD&D 1e, and I did play in an adventure where my character got the "King of shortswords". I won't go into detail except to say that Stormbringer looked like a toothpick in comparison.

Last edited:

Brakkart

First Post
Really big fan of The Muppet Family Christmas tv special. It's fun cos it has all the characters from The Muppet show, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock in the same tv special.

I collect the villain action figures from the new Masters of the Universe line and *gasp* open the packages and put them on display!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Brakkart said:
Really big fan of The Muppet Family Christmas tv special.

"Now bring us some figgy pudding. . ."

"Some WHAT? PIGGY pudding?"

"FIGGY pudding, Miss Piggy! With figs."

"Oh."

"And bacon."

-- o --

When the first campaign I was in petered out, I took my character and pitted him against every monster in the Monster Manual. Then I went on to kill most things in Deities and Demigods. Then I lied to my friends about where he got all the xp from. Oh, the shame. But he was one kickass monk 17/wizard 25, let me tell you.

Turanil

First Post
Piratecat said:
I took my character and pitted him against every monster in the Monster Manual. Then I went on to kill most things in Deities and Demigods. Then I lied to my friends about where he got all the xp from.
I guess you were both DM and player at the same time?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Turanil - BAD! This is for confessions, not questioning others! So let's see a confession in there too.

On that note.

We were playing an On the Edge game that had gone tragically wrong (the GM was using it as an escapist adventure in many ways that were generally uncomfortable to some of us), and things had gotten fairly silly.

I modified my dice before a game... had two that rolled 3,4,5,5,6,6 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6. Three of the players new about it, but the GM didn't. I became a true Beast of War.

I still have one of those dice.

---

I ran a level 2 module once where the orcs prayed to their god and got a divine intervention on the table we had house-ruled. So (bah, can't remember his name - the Orc God with the 25 Strength who was stronger than any other god, even those with Str 25... he was in an article in a 1982 Dragon Magazine that I got him from), well, this god shows up and starts kicking ass and taking names. Well, except for one character who made a good reaction roll, so the god left him with a few minor artifacts and a few hundreds of thousands of platinum pieces.

der_kluge

Adventurer
In one of my least proud moments in my high school campaign, I gave a druid in our game the complete rod of seven parts. He found it in a secret panel below the deck of a flying ship in Hollow World. Right before the party rogue killed him in an in-party dispute, and just after gods had to intervene to prevent them from killing everyone in a city.

Oh, the shame.

Remove ads