• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Israeli army frowns on D&D (merged)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Why does the IDF believe the game is so dangerous?

I believe that is answered earlier in the article.

"It's not a game of winners and losers,"

That sort of "gray area" thinking is not condusive to following orders unquestionably.

Maybe they shouldn't just remove people from eligibility for sensitive positions if they game. Perhaps a movement could be started to remove RPGers from the draft, completely... and not just there but worldwide. If WotC could get behind such a movement, it might draw new players in droves... ;)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Mark said:
Maybe they shouldn't just remove people from eligibility for sensitive positions if they game. Perhaps a movement could be started to remove RPGers from the draft, completely... and not just there but worldwide. If WotC could get behind such a movement, it might draw new players in droves... ;)

"Are you a pacifist? Do you have issues with possibly having to kill human beings in the name of your government, but fear the reprisals of being a conscientious objector? Fear no more! Now you can be excluded from military service simply by joining the millions of role-playing gamers. Make Saves Not War!"

I just love the idea that if you are a gamer, you need to be evaluated by a psychologist.

I wonder of they use Role-playing in their training. I bet they do, they just dress up as soldiers with guns instead of medieval warriors with swords.

Krieg

First Post
Unfortunately I already have about as low an opinion as possible of the Israeli Army...nothing there to change that.

FireLance

Legend
Thornir Alekeg said:
I wonder of they use Role-playing in their training. I bet they do, they just dress up as soldiers with guns instead of medieval warriors with swords.
"It's a military exercise, not a LARP!" In the same tones as, "These are action figures, not dolls!" and "We are freedom fighters, not terrorists!"

Krieg

First Post
FireLance said:
"It's a military exercise, not a LARP!" In the same tones as, "These are action figures, not dolls!" and "We are freedom fighters, not terrorists!"

Let's keep in mind that military exercises are not escapism or a form of entertainment...they are meant to prepare individuals to perform under stress & kill an enemy.

No reason to trivialize that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads