A Warping of the Blood - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"The dragons once ruled this land, they created many of the creatures that live here, they shaped the land and the magic within it!"

"They also created the dramojh and then left, sentencing thousands to hundreds of years of slavery, torture, death, and mad experimentation. The vile creatures the dramojh once created still are a stain upon this land! The giants were the ones that came here, for no other reason than that they cared to make the world a better place, and put everything they had into destroying the dramojh! They, above all, deserve to rule!"

"Nobody asked them to come. They lord over the rest of us as if we were no more than children. The dragons left eons ago, and we humans, faen, and others were the sole rulers of the lands for many centuries! We are the ones that make up the cities, we are everywhere, we do everything! Why should we be set aside in favor of our so-called 'rescuers?'"

"This is ridiculous. Regardless of whether or not you accepted giant rule in the past, or supported humans and others in ruling, the dragons have returned. They hold the magic, wisdom, knowledge, and power to making this land truly great. They can help us change our very selves into what we should have been. We'd be fools not to aid them!"

"It's a perversion! They would have all races kow-tow to them! The changes they offer are of the same vile magic that brought about the dramojh. They are not to be trusted."

"It's no perversion, but I won't give over my freedom without getting a measure of power in return. They're too powerful to usurp, but unlike the giants, the dragons actually reward those that serve well and raise them in rank when it's warrented. I never saw a giant do that in all my years."

"Fools, all of you, fools!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because it's been a while, and I promised to run a AE game once I had time, I'm going to do it.

Characters will start at 5th level, standard wealth (9,000gp), 32 point-buy. Hit points will be max first level, 75% plus Con each level thereafter, rounding up. You have 13,000 XP to start with. No more than 3,000gp can be spent on any one item, and no two items can total 6,000gp. You may draw races, feats, spells, classes, and equipment from the following sources: Arcana Evolved, Legacy of the Dragons, Monte Cook.com, and the Complete Book of Eldritch Might. Everything not from Arcana Evolved must be labled. Things from Diamond Throne.com will be allowed on a case-by-case basis (give me the link).

Your characters will be starting in the frontier town of Jerad, of which I will post more information about later.

This game will be exploring the loyalties of the various races during the dragons' return, and have both an element of diplomacy and sneaking, in addition to fights for your lives. I will take 6 players and some alterantes.

Our Heroes
Erekose 13 - Scinathar, Mojh 3/ Winter Witch 2
Rystil Arden - Vayj Rubyflame, Male Spryte Magister 5
hero4hire - Leondegrance, Male Human Akashic 5
ender wiggen - Ra-Pharod, Male Giant 1/ Greenbond 4
Jolmo - Ke'ch'rhal, Male Dracha 3/ Ritual Warrior 2
RillianPA - Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva, Male Quickling Spryte 3/ Unfettered 2

Alternates
Brother Shatterstone
Keia

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
"For every game you end two will take its place!" :lol:

How does Arcana Evolved differ from Arcana Unearthed? (I thought it was mostly the epic progression only… I’m sometime away from getting AE.)

Erekose13

Explorer
There is no way I can pass this one up. Would you mind if I brought along one of my other chars (Pai or Scinathar) upgraded, of course?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
That would be cool Erekose.

Bro, AE updates quite a few things, from racial levels, to class abilities, spells, and the whole timeline of the world.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Bro, AE updates quite a few things, from racial levels, to class abilities, spells, and the whole timeline of the world.

Cool. :D As I said it’s going to be awhile but you can pencil me in as an alternate if you wish. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'd be interested, although I only own AU and not AE (but I do have the DT PDF). Nevertheless, I've read all of the updates on Monte's site, so I know what the changes should be and can ask for them if that's alright (and I just won't play a Ritual Warrior or take Evolved levels).

I bought AU immediately when it came out but then my gaming group never wanted to play it :( (so that's why I didn't get AE yet) but its *so* cool!

Let me know if that would be OK.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
That should be ok Rystil. I can hopefully check your character over and tell if you anything has changed that you should know about.
Okey-dokey. I'll probably play a magister. 'Struth but I love casters. I'm not sure how many new 1st-3rd level simple and complex spells there are, but if there's a manageable number of them and you could write down the names or something so I know if I want to prepare them, that would be awesome (afaik they weren't listed in any of the previews, although I did see the new magister class sheet in previews, which should help) ;)

ender_wiggin

First Post
Awesome. I want to play. Just saving my spot right now -- character concept details will come soon.

:)

I'm just grateful I saw this thread before six other fortunate people.

Remove ads