Eberron Pbp - Open Casting Call [STILL ACCEPTING!!]

Valenar Elf

First Post
Greetings:

Now that I have some time to run a game, I'd like to start recruiting some players. I'm looking for five players who are interested in a [mainly] character driven story.

This will NOT be first come/first served. This will be an open casting call for at least a week. All I'm looking for right now is a detailed background for a character you'd like to run. Really use the setting to flesh out your ideas. Rules details will be posted later. You can post as many different concepts as you like, but I'll be choosing based on how each fits in with my overall ideas for the campaign.

That being said, the campaign has room for adjustments, based on the characters backgrounds. I've left room to revolve the story around some of the characters, so that they have an effect on moving the story in different directions. A lofty goal, yes, but doable with the right players.

If some of you know each other from these boards, feel free to merge your character ideas into one story.

Happy writing!

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Do you have general character creation rules?

I have plenty of Eberron character ideas (And there are plenty of people who are dying to play Eberron), but I know that several of my ideas work better under different circumstances (Based on what's allowed, how characters are created, and what level). I don't want to write a cool background concept for a 6th level character to start at 2nd, and vice versa.

Also, a little background as to what you are looking to run/looking for could be nice.

Baring that, I could be interested.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:

I have plenty of Eberron character ideas (And there are plenty of people who are dying to play Eberron), but I know that several of my ideas work better under different circumstances (Based on what's allowed, how characters are created, and what level). I don't want to write a cool background concept for a 6th level character to start at 2nd, and vice versa.

Also, a little background as to what you are looking to run/looking for could be nice.

Seconded.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Bront said:
Originally Posted by Bront

Seconded.

Thirded!

Valenar Elf

First Post
I was a little vague. I plan on a good mix of character/npc interaction and good ol' hackin', with a sort of "race against the clock" feel. Lots of exploring new regions, and some intrigue thrown into the pot. Heavy on the exploring (read: Xen'drik).

Characters will start at 4th level, with the core books (3.5e) and ECSB allowed. Some monster races are allowed as well, but must be within the 4th EL limit. Nothing too outlandish, please! I will allow the WOTC "Complete..." series, but I personally only have the Warrior book for now. Run anything from the others by me first.

I'd like to see a good mix of classes, but we'll see how it goes. If it seems like the party will be lacking in an area (say, magic-users) I can work around that. I really want to try to let everyone play the class/race they want to.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Ferrix

Explorer
How about a ranger 1/barbarian 3 razorclaw shifter going for the weretouched master PrC?

Although I'm also considering either a warlock (Complete Arcane) or a ninja (Complete Adventurer).

Bront

The man with the probe
Sounds interesting. I've got quite a few character ideas.

Talenta Halfling Druid
Human Dragonmark Noble from House Deneith (probably a fighter, though a good noble class would be nice too)
Changling Rouge
Valenar Elven Warrior
Warforged Artifacer
Human Monk (I like some of the special Monk feats in Eberron)
Aerenal Cleric of the Undying Court.

I'm realy up in the air about what I want to do. Still hoping to find a good usable noble class for the second character.

Remove ads