• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you spend $100 for a monster book?

drothgery

First Post
No, but I normally wouldn't spend $5 on monster book (only 3 of the 50+ gaming books I own are monster books, and that includes a retired MM3.0) ...

jaults

First Post
I have more than 3 monster books, but I just cannot imagine spending $100 on one. In fact, I am having a hard time imaginging what book I'd spend $100 on...

Jason

Crothian

First Post
just saying it has monsters is not enough info. Once the book ius out and I get to see exactly what it has in it and the quality I will decide.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
No. Nope, nuh-uh, not even a little bit. Even if I could find a good use for each and every monster, I probably still wouldn't get it, 'though it'd be more $-efficient than buying little ones.

Breakstone

First Post
I've got all the monsters I need in the Monster Manual 3.0. The stats cover a wide variety of CRs, and I can always simply change the description of the monster to make new ones. Heck, I don't think the players realized they were fighting Warhorses the whole time last session...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads