• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears OOC- Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanee

First Post
Make a link to the old one in the first post, please. Thank you! :)

And a note to Rystil only:

[SBLOCK]Sorry to interfere again. ;)

The copper-haired girl rises from the ground, provoking a shot from Zykovian, whose mind has split from his central psyche and ramified into each and every fibre of Azure Streak, allowing him to react as if the bow was a part of his body, firing a shot into the rising girl but failing to prevent her from impaling him deep in the chest with her spear, through his armour, causing a massive spurt of blood as he collapses to the ground, sinking into oblivion and near-death.

I don't think this is possible... she was prone with no weapon (because stunned), so she needs to stand up and grab a weapon to attack (could attack unarmed, of course, but hey, that's nonlethal damage at least ^^). If you allow this in one move action (not completely unreasonable I guess), then it's all fine, of course. Just wanted to point that out. :) Hey, it might save poor Zyk. ;)[/SBLOCK]

Bye
Thanee

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Rystil[sblock]
One round of a subdual attempt and a strength drain really ruins my mood. This encounter really enforces the need for 'Kill first and let the Preservers ask questions later.' for this campaign.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee:
[SBLOCK]
Well she was already clutching her spear when she first fell, so it would either remain in her hands while stunned or else fall down right next to them, and I ruled that falling right there would be effectively equivalent to being in a sheathe as far as drawing, which means that it can be picked up as part of her rising move action. Sorry :cry:

Though if I ever throw any spiked-chain monsters at the party, I guess you guys will be happy that I try to give the benefit of the doubt to the poor people on the ground, at least if they are willing to provoke the AoO.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
FreeXenon:
[SBLOCK]
To be fair, you're still being a lot rougher with her than she is with you. Even after you started off by attacking her, if you hadn't gone back to attacking her again, she wouldn't have touched you.
[/SBLOCK]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Rystil
[sblock]Quite true. I am feeling a little out classed by this ecomancer... She is holding up well - nice AC, her first spell affected me, and she has hit me in combat with subdual damage.
in the words of Darth Vader "Impressive!"

She is definintely playing much nicer than I. I really do not want to kill her... She is a child of Arris, however confusing and mixed up the situation may be.
'Sneaky, tricksy DM...."
"...if you hadn't gone back to attacking her again, she wouldn't have touched you"
I assumed as much - she seems honorable in her actions - honoarable and yet blinded by rage... understandable considering it seems that the archer Coup de Grace'd her companion... That what she said anyhow...

If I do kill her I will not be happy about it. Not happy at all. Abdiel will have some explaining and a chastising coming for picking not so honorable companions to run with. Hunting the children of Arris is not sport. It is to become 'a traitor and Dragon Lord lackey'.
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
FreeXenon:
[SBLOCK]
Don't worry, the people on the ground think that you are a hero and a successful fighter even though you missed every single time because you stopped her from providing ranged support for the crucial rounds while they finished off the people on the ground (she could have taken out the girl with the rainbow magic with ranged attacks before that girl could knock out and Coup de Grace the two uninjured fighters who would have won the fight), so Mhrazhar really turned the fight around--so much so that the Ecomancer ran away in the last post because she is out of spells and fighting three on one.

As to being sneaky and tricksy, well, this is the second time in as many days I've been called that :D

Anyway, nice job on the victory.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
All Except BS:
[SBLOCK]
Nice job on the victory folks! You can take great pride in the fact that I threw a group of five enemies of the same level as you folks (except Alire who was higher) to match your five PCs, though you had much better equipment and stat rolls, and you still came out on top. Well done!
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads