• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #2 - Bucky Must Die!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Place: Avengers Mansion

The Time: Late 1945 in an alternate reality

Our Cast:

- Captain America (Nuke261)
- Sandman (KidA)
- Vision (Mimic)
- Beast (Tsadkiel)
- Binary (Radiant)
- Iron Man (Gideon)
- Vision IV (NPC)
- Jack of Hearts (Hero for Hire)

"Retired - Reserve Status"
- Moon Knight (Unicron818)
- Mr. Immortal (Kevin Perrine)
- Falcon (MarkChance)
- Wonder Man (Karl Green)
- Wasp (Brother Gustadt)

The Threads: OOC, Issues #0, #1, R/G, Recruitment,

Welcome to the IC thread of Outcasts Forever, an Avengers Forever game with an Exiles twist. Don’t worry if you can figure that out, read along (unless you’re one of my players – then get typing!! ;)). Please refrain from commenting here – keep all out of character comments to the OOC Thread.

The Avengers

The Avengers is one of Earth's foremost organizations of costumed superhuman adventurers dedicated to safeguarding the world from any threat beyond the power of conventional peacekeeping forces to handle. Founded several months after the incorporation of the Fantastic Four, the Avengers became the first superhuman team to be granted official government sanctions by the National Security Council of the United States, the General Assembly of the United Nations, and later by the international intelligence agency, S.H.I.E.L.D. Unlike the Fantastic Four, whose ranks have been restricted to Reed Richards and his experimental rocket crew (except for an occasional substitute), membership in the Avengers has been open and in constant fluctuation.

The newly-formed team assembled a short time later at the midtown Manhattan mansion of industrialist Anthony Stark, who, unknown to them at the time, was their fellow member Iron Man. Stark soon donated the mansion to the Avengers for their exclusive use, and set up a foundation to cover all the operational expenses of all the nonprofit team of adventurers. This foundation was set up under Stark's mother's name (The Maria Stark Foundation) so that his own business fortunes could not immediately affect the financial situation of the Avengers. The Stark family's trusted butler Edwin Jarvis was kept on as the principal regular domestic employee at Avengers Mansion.

Captain America became the first full-time resident of Avengers Mansion as well as the team's first recruit. In fact, Captain America became the first permanent chairman of the team, a post he held for a number of years. Chairmanship of the Avengers has been determined by election, and a number of individuals have held the positions over the years, including Iron Man, the Wasp, and the Vision. The ranks of active Avengers has varied in number from a mere three up to fifteen. In addition, certain individuals have enjoyed informal status with the group well before becoming official members.

As the official ties between the Avengers and the United States government grew to the extent that Avengers computer system had direct access to contain U.S. governmental and military information networks, the National Security Council began to take a more active interest in the Avengers' internal affairs. In recent years, N.S.C. agent Henry Peter Gyrich was appointed to be the government's liaison with the Avengers. Gyrich instituted certain policies in the name of security, which restricted active membership in the group and tightened admission requirements. Prior to this point, the Avengers screened candidates for membership themselves, and were flexible enough in their membership requirements to allow non-citizens, gods, mutants, and even synthetic humans to join. Gyrich initiated a strict screening procedure for new members and even dictated Avengers membership according to government standards of equal opportunity employment.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outcasts Forever: Issue #2 Bucky Must Die!!

The Story thus far. . . .

The Avengers were successful in recovering the data necessary to determine what had changed in this reality to result in the Red America then had only earlier in the day left. The data was conclusive according to Sandra, the hologram who was assisting them in their missions. The answer was . . . Bucky Must Die!

Being the Avengers that they were this was not a viable option, and the discussion continued for several hours . . . with no simple answers found just yet. Noting the frustration on everyone's faces (not to mention to dilated eyes of Tony Stark), Jack Monroe, Captain America, adjurned the meeting . . . calling for everyone to get a few hours of rest before coming back to discuss the matter further.

Sitting alone in the assembly room, Jack pondered the issues before him. Sandra's hologram was slowly rotationg above the table . . . she was silent and had been for several minutes. Redwing squawked for attention and flitted from his perch to the main table, landing in front of Jack and looking him in the eye . . . staring.

The others were either in their quarters or investigating this version of the Manion . . .

OOC: Feel free to post and get situated . . . View OOC thread for xp awards and notes

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Mansion - Foyer Area (Main Floor)
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Beast, Vision, Vision IV

Hank returned back upstairs and, perhaps unsurprisingly, found Vision IV and Vision in exactly the same place they were in when everyone went downstairs. They were in a discussion on the nature of neural pathways. As he approached, Vision IV halted the conversation and turned to him.

"Greetings, Mr. McCoy," Vision IV replied in a resonating tone. "Have you come to inquire about the data files I retrieved from the Supreme Soviet Compound mainframe?"

Mimic

First Post
Vision turns and nods a greeting to the Beast, staying quiet until Vision IV is done talking.

"Has the discontinuity been discovered? What do we need to do to correct this timeline?"

tsadkiel

Legend
Beast

Keia said:
"Greetings, Mr. McCoy," Vision IV replied in a resonating tone. "Have you come to inquire about the data files I retrieved from the Supreme Soviet Compound mainframe?"

Hank nodded. "I have indeed." To the other Vision, he added, "Sandra says that Bucky's survival is the source of the discontinuity, but as we're all the best there is at what we do and what we do is not kill people, we're looking for a solution that doesn't involve assassination. I'm hoping for some insight.

I'd also like to know the circumstances surrounding the birth of the daughter of their Carol Danvers."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Beast, Vision, Vision IV

Hank McCoy said:
Hank nodded. "I have indeed . . . <snip> . . . I'm hoping for some insight. I'd also like to know the circumstances surrounding the birth of the daughter of their Carol Danvers."
"I would be happy to assist, Mr. McCoy," Vision IV responded. "What insightful information are you looking for in particular? As to Ms. Danvers, according to the privacy laws currently in effect in your reality, I would be breaking the law by giving you that information . . . without her permission, of course."

Jarvis entered the hall and opened the foyer closet (the one with the stash of alcohol for Mr. Stark), saying "Dear me . . ." in an almost C3PO manner.

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man, 4/6 HP, 1S/2 L, -3 Armor

Right, world saving first, forgetting today later. Better fix the suit up, haaavve to look good for the ladies.

Heading down to the workshop or at least where the workshop should be Tony will search around for a place to do the repairs on his armor. His walk is obviously a practiced 'not-drunk' drunk walk. Some skills in life just aren't as useful as others.

"Hey Sandi, do we have a doctor in the house cause I hurt and need a cute nurse. Tooooo bad you ain't got hands, Sandi girl. I bet they're real nicccce."

Radiant

First Post
Binary

Keia said:
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Beast, Vision, Vision IV

"I would be happy to assist, Mr. McCoy," Vision IV responded. "What insightful information are you looking for in particular? As to Ms. Danvers, according to the privacy laws currently in effect in your reality, I would be breaking the law by giving you that information . . . without her permission, of course."

Jarvis entered the hall and opened the foyer closet (the one with the stash of alcohol for Mr. Stark), saying "Dear me . . ." in an almost C3PO manner.

ooc: just droppong in since I'm away for the weekend and won't get a chance to post till monday

"You got it, now talk!"
Carol leans on the doorway, her senseless stroll through the house brought her close enough to catch a bit of the conversation. She nods to Hank, he's been a friend so long that she doesn't mind if he hears what's going on.
It's nice to know that someone cares about your probelems. And is not too shortsighted and hotheaded to start to collect usefull information. Unlike me... .

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Mansion – Electronics Fabrication Area (Sub-Basement Level One)
Somewhere/when/how
Early afternoon

Iron Man

The sub-basement was much as Tony remembered it . . . though it appeared that it wasn’t his personal workshop like it was back home. Here, there were obvious indications of others working . . . and in areas other than Tony’s expertise. Tony drifted in and out of focus, working on repairing his armor . . . time passed. Much of the repairs were complete . . . though Tony didn’t remember them.

Tony Stark said:
"Hey Sandi, do we have a doctor in the house cause I hurt and need a cute nurse. Tooooo bad you ain't got hands, Sandi girl. I bet they're real nicccce."
A monitor near Tony activated and Sandra’s voice carried over the speakers. “The medical facility is just down the hall, Mr. Stark. Just lie on the monitor bed and the auto-doc should do most of the work.”

Tony hears the slight clatter of someone working . . . it sounds like the next room over.

OOC: You recovered your stun hit while talking in the meeting room. After treatment, your lethal hits will recover one per hour of rest. As for the Armor: Repair check 17+12 – x?= around 29 . . . no problem . . . as far as you know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads