EN World Gamer (Subscription question)

Belen

Adventurer
So what happened to this one? I had purchased 4 issues, but just saw a news item on the mainpage that says it was canceled. Why were subscribers not notified!?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'll move this to the EN Publishing thread, so that one of the owners can see it and respond with regards to your paid subscription.

In fact, it was announced about a month or two ago in the EN Publishing forum, and I believe they have some plans for the last issue that was in layout before the cancellation, but It's better if someone in the know fills you in.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
My understanding is you should have received a message from Mongoose much like the following:

Mongoose said:
"Hello,

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that we will not be releasing any more copies of this magazine. We have been unable to sustain this magazine at its current level of profitibility. We are sorry about this and woudl like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As you have a subscription we would like to present you with two options for the remainin part of the subscription.

Option 1, As there are been 2 issues sent out and you have subscribed from issue one we will refund teh remiaing 50% of the subscription price.

Option 2, we will refund you the full subscription value (incl postage) if you wish to take in product rather than as a refund. So if you could complete the attached form with the books/ miniatures you would like to receive from us, we will get them sent out to you asap.

If you are unsure of what products we currently have please visit www.mongoosepublishing.com where all new and current products will be shown.

With option 1 we will refund $12.67

With option 2 you will recieve a store credit for $25.34

Please let me know which you wish to take up.

Regards
Mark Humphries"

Mind you, I was never directly involved in the publication of the Gamer, since issue 3 of the E.N. World Player's Journal, so I don't know for sure. I would, nonetheless, contact Mongoose who handled publication and subscriptions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Unfortunately, the subscriptions aren't actually anything to do with EN Publishing - it was all handled by Mongoose. Heck, we don't even know how many people subscribed, let alone who they are!

We did announce the cancellation in the news at the time, but that's all we were able to do.

Basically, we prepared the mag, but Mongoose sold it. This latest issue was one we prepared months ago, but Mongoose cancelled the mag after the 2nd issue, and we were left with a complete magazine and nothing we could do with it. In the end, we decided to sell it as a PDF because so many people were asking us to.

As far as I know (and we're not really in the loop on this), Mongoose were refunding subscribers or offering them alternative product in place of the subscription. Unfortunately, you'd have to contact them to find out what the deal is!

Mongoose's contact page is here: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/contact.php

I'm sure you must have just slipped through the cracks somehow. Mongoose are generally good guys, and I'm certain they'll fix this for you. :)

Verequus

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Is that an actual copy of the email? Did it really have all those typos?

It did include all those typos and I wasn't happy to see them - I mean, how important are the customers considered, if one doesn't give an official email a second read through? :\

BSF

Explorer
I noticed that the other evening. Hey, if PDF sales of that are good, is there any chance we will see another issue?

Remove ads