• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

program for mapping 3-D battles?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I'm running a space based play by post and am gearing up for a 0-G battle royall... but I'm really not sure how to represent it. optimumly, there should be a program out there that creates a 3-d grid where I can place a blue circle at A,5,i and a red square at F,4,j etc and save the resulting image as a jpeg to post to the board... (super optimuimly, of course, the program would be on-line and my players would be able to go to a url and rotated the overall image for the best veiw, but that's a bit much to hope for)

is such a thing out there? any suggestions on faking it? my art skills just won't allow me to freehand it. :\

Pinotage

Explorer
You could always just use two maps instead of one. First map gives a top-down view, and the second gives a side view. Works reasonably well although not exactly what you were after.

Pinotage

TheAuldGrump

First Post
You might want to look up a now out of print game called Moon Dragon - it used flexible goosenecks attatched to something very much like a collapsible radio antenna, so that the ships could maneuver in 3d.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads