What do you think? My World's Elves

greywulf

First Post
Very nice. Me like! I suggest you also add an extinct race of elves into the mix too. for example:

The Creonar, or Elves of the Sun. These lighlty coloured elves stood tallest of all the elven races. They exist now only in memories and folk tales, the reason for their disappearance shrouded in mystery and frightening half-truths.

green slime

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Actually, because I made the elves fey, and because of the way I described fey IMC, it is impossible to have an extinct race of elves. If people remember them, they spontaneously start showing up.

RC

No, that just requires that no one remembers them. Which sorts makes ancient, molding tomes sort of dangerous things to read...

MrNexx

First Post
green slime said:
No, that just requires that no one remembers them. Which sorts makes ancient, molding tomes sort of dangerous things to read...

Does that mean people remember them, or know about them, and is that an important distinction?

And must it be humanoids who remember them?

GlassEye

Adventurer
I like it, but... I think I would like it more if I understood some of those things that aren't defined and may be known to the players in your world. For example, what's a yarthkin, cynosure, tiend, rememberer, portune, grim? What's the Revelry? Who are the Uninvited?

Can elves be a player character race? Are there levels of Unseelie Fey?

Even with these questions I'm gonna snag most (all?) of it for my own use.

Remove ads