• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternate Realities Publications Hurricane Relief Donation Drive

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
[imager]http://www.bakabanashi.com/arp/imgs/logo.jpg[/imager]Alternate Realities Publications is donating 50% of its sales for the last five months of 2005 (August through December) to the relief efforts in the aftermath of devistation from hurricane Katrina. In addition, company owner Dana Jorgensen is matching funds for this donation from his own pocket.

"As someone who has in the past been involved with several deployments to provide assistance in regions of the United States ravaged by natural disaster, I understand the need for the money to be donated NOW rather than some 60 days into the future," stated Mr. Jorgensen when asked about an unusual decision involving the donation. "I've been in the middle of tragedies like this in the past, trying to help victims, while watching civilian relief agencies struggle with donation shortfalls. Thus I've decided to make the donation now, rather than waiting for customers to purchase ARP products. If sales exceed the projections for the next five months, the excess balance will be donated as well, again with matching funds. If they sales performance doesn't amount to what we expect, I'm not going to worry about it, since I'm doing this to help people, not to instigate any sort of boost in the company's sales."

Using a thorough analysis of sales records and growth trends for the past few years, the donation has already been made as of this writing. In addition to this generous donation, Mr. Jorgensen has been involved in other relief efforts, including offering his assistance in the collection, packaging, preparation, and maintenance of supplies and equipment bound for the Gulf Coast region. The donation has been divided evenly between the Red Cross and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

If you would like to take advantage of your opportunity to force Mr. Jorgensen to donate yet more of his money to a good cause, the feel free to visit the company storefront at RPGnow

Remove ads