Worldwide D&D Gameday is November 5th

William Ronald

Explorer
I thought that I would mention that there is a call for people to DM at theWordwide D&D Gameday on November 5th. As there are many great DMs at EN World, and there has been some talk of how to get more people into gaming on the boards, I thought I would mention the event.

William Ronald

Explorer
philreed said:
I didn't visit a store last year for D&D Day. What was it like?

I did not visit a store either last year, but I heard that it was fun. It seems that part of this year's focus is getting new people into gaming.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The worldwide gameday the year before last, in conjunction with the 30th anniversary, IIRC, had a good turnout at the Barnes and Noble in my neighborhood (I helped facilitate the event). That one was less RPGA-ish and more about totally new players.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out and I'm all set,( having dusted off my old RPGA membership and taken the Herald-level DM test). This is about as easy as it gets to step up and help expand the hobby. Anyone who has ever said they want to help the industry has a cake-walk of a chance to do so right here with this WotC spearheaded promotion. The first question I will have for anyone who ever talks about expanding the hobby is if they participated on November 5th, 2005. :)

All you need to do is have a local game or bookstore that carries WotC stuff send in for the kit. Go sign up for a free RPGA membership and take the DM test (about an hour's work). Have the store put up whatever promotional posters they are sent and WotC will be spreading the word on their end, too. If you want to go an extra mile, DMs even have the option of taking the battlemap being used for the pre-made adventure and writing one of their own scenarios instead. All the info is on the WotC site.

Simple as pie. ;)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I went to two stores:

I went to the one where they imported Monte Cook and Dave Arneson (I think). It was a great turnout, but I'm not sure it was better than their other big events. Monte was very nice to me when I spoke to him, but I had to leave and couldn't play.

I also stopped at a much smaller store. They had a very good turnout, with lots of younger kids playing and learning the game.

Remove ads