• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Needed-DM for Elements of Magic game, some requests

genshou

First Post
After pimping Elements of Magic constantly on the boards, discussing the rules and additions thereto (wow, that's a real word!), and now trying to write up spells, a painful reality keeps coming to mind–I've never PLAYED Elements of Magic! What I am requesting is a DM to run a game in Playing the Game, using this as the sole magic system. There are a few specific requests as to rules. These are requests, not requirements, and are set up to give you a good idea of what I as a player want out of the game. If you feel hesitant to use any particular one, don't let that keep you from responding! I'd be happy to discuss the whys and hows with you. The specific requests are as follows:
  • I want to start at 1st-level.
  • I don't want to play 3.5. I HATE 3.5 as many on the boards can attest. EOM should work just fine in 3E with a slight change in how spell-granted DR works (get with me on this).
  • I want all PCs, NPCs, and monsters that normally get feats to get a feat every level instead of at the horribly slow rate in the RAW. If you are curious as to my reasons, I can link you to the threads that gave me this idea and tell you why I think it's such a great option.
  • There's one spell enhancement I'd like added for playtesting. It's regarding Create and making permanent nonmagical objects. This is a rule that wouldn't get used until I'm capable of casting at least 7-MP spells and is mostly to duplicate the core rules spells wall of stone and wall of iron, so it won't come up at first but you as DM need to be informed of the possibility now. Again, get with me on this one and I'll explain in full detail.

Other than that, you're free to do as you wish (including using certain 3.5 rules that you run by me to see if they aren't on my LOATHE ENTIRELY list), and if you want to change any of the above because you don't like it, ask me and I'll see if we can compromise. If this is a possibility for anyone, give me a holler! I have plenty of friends who would be keen on jumping in and can easily post 4 or more times a week.

Hope to hear from someone soon...

genshou
RangerWickett's Unofficially Official Toady

Last edited:

genshou

First Post
I don't want this on pg. 3, so
*bump*

If anyone has interest in running or playing in this game, let their voices be heard! Please...?

Remove ads