Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I'll try to update the links and character approvals in the next few days.

I'd like to see a few more adventures, and hopefully a bit more activity. Active adventures bring active players. Anyone else who thinks they can help promote this, please, go ahead.

Salix

First Post
Salix said:
Here is the Kenson answer to my nullify question http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=262858#262858

FWIW, I do use Nullify for just the sort of thing you're talking about, the modifiers involved pretty much come out in the wash:

Affects Objects +1 (detailed in Ultimate Power, but basically means the effect works on objects as well as creatures)
Only Affects Objects –1 (so net +0 modifier)

Objects don't make Will saves, so use the opposed power rank check instead, using the item's highest rank.

Also note that some equipment won't "restart" on its own: it'll need repair, resetting, or at least someone to hit the "on" switch again. (This is just a descriptor and part of the limitations of equipment.)

So Nullify (Equipment Type) such as "Nullify Electronics" is what you're looking for, IMHO.
So... I was going to propose this so I could get Gremlin finalized. I was thinking of this being restricted to mechanical/electrical devices. Do the judges think it will be kosher to just list "machines", or should I get stuck picking one or the other? if so, what about using an alternate power for one. i.e. only mechanical for primary power, only electrical for alternate power

Velmont

First Post
As I see it, Affect Only Object (-1) affect all type. So affect only electrical object could be a -2, but I'm not sure, as more and more item depend on electronic to work well, it could also been seen only as a flavor and not as a more retrictive flaw.

Bront

The man with the probe
the +0 is fine, as those balance out fairly well. You tend to loose a bit more with a flaw than you gain anyway.

Salix

First Post
Should I put in a proposal Nullify (Affects Objects)? It sounds like I can just go with machines (not really differentiating between machines and electronics). Haven't heard back from Keia on my latest mission proposal, but I'm not sure if we have enough active players for it. I haven't heard from anyone other than Bront in the Ready Room.

Velmont

First Post
Sergeant is around, and could reappear anytime, it is just until next week, I won,t haev much time, so I thought just to make him leave so it will eb one less chaarcter to botehr about.

As Nullify (Affects Objects) is not in the main book, I suggest you to make a proposal.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I looked over the mission proposal and I'm fine with it. I'll judge if it Bront and Velmont are playing in it.

Keia

Salix

First Post
Keia said:
I looked over the mission proposal and I'm fine with it. I'll judge if it Bront and Velmont are playing in it.

Keia
OK, I'll need to clean up some stats, background, and get some of the beginning scenes written. I'll be shooting for staring sometime next week.

Of course I also have to get the proposal for Nullify (affects objects) written

Salix

First Post
Gremlin &Titan ready for review

Bront-
Check out the character submission thread. I got a new PL8 character done, Titan. He gets large and small. 120 points makes it pretty tight.

About Gremlin- Edited to include new proposal

I'll start the new mission as soon as I hear from Paladin. Sent him a personal email, so hopefully we'll hear from him Monday or so.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads