• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC's D&D bumperstickers

RustyHalo

First Post
Okay. I'll proudly confess that I'm a geek. I'll let that freak flag flap with the best of 'em!

Even so...does anyone else think that Wizard's new bumperstickers promoting the hobby are...inane? that they demonstrate a serious lack of imagination? What's the point?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/956990000

>>> I brake for kobolds <<<

Mildly clever only if you actually play the game (or you once played the game). Most anyone else isn't going to have a clue.

>>> Don't make me roll for initiative! <<<

As above, and non-gamers will only be confused.

>>> I survived the Tomb of Horrors <<<

A wee bit kewl, if only for its retro appeal; but once again, you'd need to have been a gamer to have ANY clue to the reference.

>>> I played D&D before it was cool <<<

OK, this one's just annoying. Last I checked, D&D (and the hobby in general) STILL isn't "cool."

>>> Beholder on board <<<

I love that illustration. Other than that, I have the same complaint: there's not a blessed soul tailgating me that'll have a CLUE what I mean.

Here's the fluffspeak that accompanies WotC's bumperstickers:

>>> Dungeons & Dragons isn’t just a game—for millions of fans it’s a community and a way of life. This assortment features five unique and humorous slogans related to Dungeons & Dragons. It’s a fun, easy, and inexpensive way for current and former D&D players to express their love of the game and share an in-joke with other players. D&D has never been hotter than it is today—and with tens of thousands of these stickers on cars, notebooks, and elsewhere across America, it’s only going to get hotter! <<<

If they're meant to be wink-wink, nudge-nudge... surely there are better slogans for that purpose (here's an idea: enWorlder's composing their own! a thread of its own?). If they're supposed to kinda-sorta promote the hobby...yechhh!

What do the rest of you think?

Last edited:

Kuld

Explorer
RustyHalo said:

OK, this one's just annoying. Last I checked, D&D (and the hobby in general) STILL isn't "cool."

I kinda liked this one.

darthkilmor

First Post
ok how about...

"Evil DM on Board". ?

"My kids dwarf can beat up your elf." ?

and the classic

"Rogues get all the booty/do it from behind" (that might be a bit bad).

"Orcs fear my dice" (ok thats a bit lame)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I think of better D&D bumper sticker ideas takin' my morning lavoratory break. :p

* Black background, with a white silloutte of a man on horseback; text reads "REMEMBER THE GAZEBO!"

* A twenty-sided dice, side up showing the infinity symbol. Text reads "KNOWS NO LIMIT."

* A saddle, with a halo above it. Text reads "My Other Car is a Celestial Warhorse."

* A simple black text on white background: "+1 Bumper"

* A wizard's cap with a tassle on the end. Text reads "My child is a Level 15 Necromancer."

* A line drawing of an axe. Text reads "Honk if You Like Bearded Women."

* A steering wheel. Text reads "4 ranks in Drive (automobile)"

And that's just off the top o' me head. Bloody WotC better hire someone with imagination soon!

RustyHalo said:

Uh... That's the point. It's sarcasm. Of course it's "wink-wink," and pretty obviously so, IMO.

Of all the ones WotC is offering--some of which are, indeed, kinda lame--this is the one I'm most likely to get.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads