• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Nelson and Khalia bicker back and forth in a language that the lizardman, Zan and Garrick can understand, Ari and Taviss go about the task of tying the lizard up. Taviss pulls his rope from his pack, ties it off around the lizardman's waist, and while Ari spins him, Taviss wraps the rope up and around, tying it off once more. Both hunters inspect the job and nod in agreement that it looks secure. Ari then drops him to the ground.

Khalia and Nelson continue their "good cop / bad cop" routine, and you can see some of the greenish color drain from the lizard's face. The red smoke that eminates from Nelson's eyes is enough to push him over the edge, and he starts sputtering.

"Humansss? You need to know about the humansss? The humansss are on the beach. Passst the light building." He motions to the still-unlit lighthouse with his head. "They pay usss to attack the town... keep the town busssy. We are fine with that. We hate the townsss humansss. Attacked usss before, so the Ssscaled Might attacked them. Humansss on the beach have lotsss of gold and itemsss to give us from the boatsss they bring in."

Zan and Taviss then begin poking through the items that the ranger took off the bodies, starting with the longsword. After careful analysis, Zan is pretty sure the light comes from within the blade itself, and thus probably has magical properties. (Spellcraft TN 15 / 9+11=20) Looking at the varying conditions of the other items... some rusted and pitted, others brilliant and pristine... he figures there is probably some other magical items within the pile as well.

Bront

The man with the probe
Zan looks around, "Anyone mind if I keep this? I think with a little bit of study, I can use it quite effectively." He indicates to the wind.

"If you all want, gather what you find and I can see if there's anything else magical. Wouldn't be too suprised if they're carrying around this and the sword. Besides, it's better that just my educated guesses."

Zan will search the body of the one who was holding the wand, looking for anything else of interest.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bront said:
Zan will search the body of the one who was holding the wand, looking for anything else of interest.
Ari dusts off his clothing, gettting used to his new size, when the spell begins to end. With a sigh, he adjusts to his old form.

Swinging the new blade around and whistling appreciatvely, the hunter notice's Zan's rustling. "I believe Taviss already cleaned that one out, Zan."

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Oh, I know he probably did, but Zan would be right there, and would be rummaging over him, and what Zan considers interesting might not be to others ;)

drothgery

First Post
"I think we'll need a little more information than that. And 'all humans look alike to me' is not a helpful answer. We'll at least need numbers, and anything unusual about them -- accents, something they all wore, or at least all their leaders wore, or anything like that." Khalia added.

James Heard

Explorer
"A magical sword. huh? I bet it could probably cut a length of pole about this long" Nelson made his arms spread very wide, " And about this big around" Nelson spreads his hands to show the diameter while cagely noting the lizard man's backside.

OOC: Has Seawell attacked Scaled Might recently? Bardic Knowledge and other checks want to know! ;)

ooc: why am I not getting any notifications? I don't understand...I subscribed to be notified via email, and I'm not getting them!!!!!!

Also, how do I do the "spoiler" thing?

bic:

Seeing that his javelin had gone wide of the lizard men, he began to draw his rapier, when he noticed that the battle was over. Watching (and listening) as the others interrogate the lone lizard man, Garrick retrieves his javelin, putting it back.

He then heads over to the interrogation.

"Can I be of any assistance?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Khalia said:
"I think we'll need a little more information than that. And 'all humans look alike to me' is not a helpful answer. We'll at least need numbers, and anything unusual about them -- accents, something they all wore, or at least all their leaders wore, or anything like that."
The lizardman's eyes grow wider a bit and he appears to get a little nervous. This nervousness Nelson correctly attributes to the lizardman actually not really knowing the answers to the questions he's being asked, and being afraid that the party won't believe him. (Nelson Sense Motive TN 10 / 10+7=17 *success*) "Numbersss? Of humansss? I only ssseesss a few, but I wasssn't in the humansss camp on the beach but onccce." His eyes dart back and forth, and you can almost see a pleading in them... as though he's hoping the group believes what he says to be true. "Accentsss? Dressssss? Unusssual? What do you mean? All humansss ssspeak and look like humansss. The few I sssaw from the beach were more cccivil to usss than you folksss from the town ever were, but they look and sssound like you." When he notices that this doesn't seem to satisfy his captors, he tries to think of some specific things he could mention. "One wasss missssssing an arm, one had a long ssscar acrossssss hisss faccce... that'sss all."

Nelson considers what has been said and believes him to be telling the truth. He knows that Seawell and the Scaled Might have had many incidents in the past 10 years or so, and that it's absolutely concievable that they'd hold a grudge against the town (just as the town has held an obvious grudge against pretty much all lizardfolk since before he can remember). As far as accents and particular manners of dress, both Nelson and Khalia come to the conclusion that unless this one has had direct contact the with town's militia (the only people from Seawell that could concievably have the same recognizable "look" - i.e. their uniforms), humans would all speak with the same strange human-accented draconic and would wear dress that to the lizards would be "unusual", just as pretty much all the lizardfolk look and sound "like lizardfolk" to each of them.

Zan doesn't find anything else of note on the bodies, and he stands over the pile of stuff that Taviss had gathered, waiting to see if the group wants him to check for anything magical.

Taviss' tracking of the lizardfolk takes him down towards the lighthouse a little ways, but actually skirts north of it and continues on past through the trees. He knows the lighthouse sits on a slim rocky peninsula, and the beach continues southwest from it, but at the distance he follows the tracks (which actually isn't that far from the party), he can tell that the lizardfolk did not make a beeline from the beach directly to where they found the party. Thus any contact the lizards had with the people on the beach presumably did not happen this morning.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"It really might be useful for you to be a bit more observant regarding humans. Surely you can tell a lizardfolk that is not of your tribe without too much difficulty?" Khalia sighs. Dealing with provincial humans was bad enough. Provincial lizardfolk -- who couldn't tell a Thrane high noble like herself from a Q'barra swamp rat like Nelson, or at least that they weren't the same -- might well be beyond her. "At least you could tell us how long your tribe has been dealing with these people, and how you arrange to meet with them."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari places the sword in the pile and turns to the changeling. "We already know the answer, but you might be able to pick something up when you detect it." He then turns to the captor. He kneels in front of it, casually rubbing his armor spikes. "What about arms? What weapons did you see?"

Remove ads