• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mutants & Masterminds] Campaign Plot Help Request

Thanee

First Post
Hey there! :D

I've been running a few games with the 2nd Edition Mutants & Masterminds rules, using the adventure ideas in the book for now, and the players seem to have enjoyed it a lot (I guess, when there are hints about how they would like to continue there from one of them during almost every of our regular game sessions, it is a strong indication that they did ;)).

Now, I've some vague ideas what to do to continue with the campaign, but it's not very well thought-out yet. And that's where you come into play...

Here's what I have and what I am pondering currently, let me know what you think and if anything comes into mind, which might be useful (especially some fun adventure scenario ideas). :)

The characters have recently become junior members of the Freedom League in Freedom City. There are three of them, one is basically an Earth Elemental (strong, tough, can glide through earth); another is a bit akin to Green Lantern (can create objects with his ring, and so on); the third character is a Telepath (some mental powers and she can also move back in time a few minutes in a very limited fashion (so she cannot do that all the time)). PL is 8 for now to keep things within limits, but will rise at certain stages in the campaign towards 10 or 12.

I do not really want to have one of those Prevent the Apocalypse plots. That might happen later in the campaign, though (see below).

For now, I thought about using a race of alien ape people as villains. This will give them a common theme, while allowing for a wide variety of NPCs (large or small, strong or intelligent, etc). They are up to something (though, I do not know what yet; but I have an idea, which will be explained later)!

They could make a few raids or robberies (stealing funds and materials, high tech stuff, building materials, etc), which the heroes are then sent to investigate, which should put them on their trail; later they might even be able to prevent some further attempts.

Then the heroes might track the villains to the jungle (south america or africa), where they will find out, that it is not just a small group, but rather an entire country of apes, who are busy building high-tech installations there (making themselves a defensible home base).

The current idea is, that the apes are not really evil, and that they are the enemies of another race (the real villains), who aim to exterminate/enslave them (for whatever reason). The apes fled from them, and came to earth to find a new home in some remote place, but they needed materials, which they could only get in the civilized areas. The only contacts with mankind so far have been rather violent, so the apes did not really think about asking them for help. Once the true villains enter the stage, however, the heroes should ally with the apes and fight together against this common enemy, when they realize this.

So far for the very rough overview I have currently.

Maybe you have some neat ideas what to do with this. Let me know! :D

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads