• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Blue & The Grey (Veterans Affairs)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Starman - Thomas Heywood
Widowmaker - John Bishop

After submitting a voucher for two tickets on the Surfline, you take a taxi to Union Station and are soon rolling south in the comfort of a San Deigan passenger car. By early afternoon you are in San Diego, and the station is a short taxi ride from the naval complex. The doctor you are told to meet is a psychiatrist named Roger Darrow, whose office is in a sprawling new building that nonetheless looks like a mental institution.

[question - in asking for the doctor are you flashing badges or downplaying your status?]

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
"Nice digs, huh?" Heywood says as he stands outside of the building with Bishop. He looks around for a minute, trying to get a feel for the place before marching in. Inside, he walks up to the reception desk and flashes his badge at the secretary.

"Dr. Darrow, please."

Widowmaker

First Post
"Ya, not a bad place. Must have been built after the War." Bishop responds to Heywood.

Once inside Bishop follows Heywood's lead. As Heywood chats with the secretary. Bishop will look around the reception area.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
The staff have tried to make the place look as friendly as possible, but there is no mistaking the antiseptic smell under everything else. For all the nice outside exterior, this is a place that would still give you chills if you were forced to stay here.

The secretary excuses herself as she steps through a door behind her. In a few seconds she reappears with an older man wearing a white coat.

"Yes, you must be Arthur's assistants. He had called about sending someone down. About a week ago the local police sent us some complaints about a vet that was harassing people down near the zoo. With our OK we told them to bring him by to make sure he was OK upstairs, if you know what I mean. Well, he seems capable enough, but some of the things he talks about doing in the war don't make any sense. Flying saucers and that sort of thing.

"But the strangest thing is his military identification. His dog tags have a serial number that apparently hasn't been issued yet."

Starman

Adventurer
Heywood looks at Bishop and raises an eyebrow. "We'd like access to your notes regarding this guy and then I think we'd like to talk to him ourselves, doc. What do you think, Bishop?"

Widowmaker

First Post
"Ya we will definately need your notes and a chance to speak to him." Bishop will look at the Doc with a stern look. "Doc have you check his military record? I mean by name, not serial number."

"Also, is he a danger to himself or someone else." Bishop will mention to the Doc.

Bishop will look over at Heywood "We are gonna have to call this one into the DoD (Department of Defense). We shouldn't tell them anything, lets see if we can get his file."

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
"I don't want to involve those bastards if we don't have to. Let's see what we turn up here first," Heywood says to his partner.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"I didn't do too much after I found out his serial number was invalid, since it can lead to problems with the Bureau of Veteran's Affairs. Plus, he doesn't seem like he's a danger to society - he's just a little cantankerous. So I don't have anything in the way of notes. I do recall distinctly that he did not seem to have a drinking problem. No odor of liquor or slurred speech.

"He says his name is David Pruitt, and that is what appears on his tags. I couldn't find out any more about him in time I had, and he was unwilling to answer many questions. I sent a request to Washington, but haven't heard anything back yet - not that that's unusual, of course.

"You can find him at the flophouse near the zoo on Balboa, or in the park that's close by. He's pretty easy to spot."

Widowmaker

First Post
"Did you catch a date of birth. Those are listed on dog tags usually. Can I also use your phone." Bishop will ask the Doc.

After that he will call the LA FBI Records office requesting a background check on David Pruitt, Male, Veteran. (Date of Birth if available) and keep it quiet don't want DoD spooked onto this yet.

Starman

Adventurer
While Bishop is on the phone, Haywood continues to talk to the doctor. "You say that he was harassing people. Do you know anything about that? What kind of harassment? What was he saying, doing?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads