• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dogs in the Vineyard-- 2 games

yangnome

First Post
Hello,

I plan on running two games of Dogs in the Vineyard. One will be conducted with the traditional setting. The second will be a modern police drama, paced similarly to The Shield (meaning the balance of the game will weigh more towards kicking ass and taking names as opposed to gathering hair fibers and sperm samples during crime scene investigation.) The second will have some altered rules to make it work within the settnig. No need to know the rulesets. I'll either have pre-made characters or we'll make them at the table.

right now, I'm just trying to get an idea about interest in the games. I'll try to schedule a time and day once we see who wants to play. I'll play up to 6 people in each game, two spots will be reserved though.

Anyone interested in reading more about DitV can do so here: http://www.lumpley.com/games/dogsources.html

INTRODUCTION

Dogs in the Vineyard is about God's Watchdogs, young men and women called to preserve the Faithful in a hostile frontier territory. They travel from town to isolated town, carrying mail, news, and doctrine, healing the sick, supporting the weary, and pronouncing judgment upon the wicked. One early playtester said what she loves about the game: a town welcomes you with celebration and honor, but what you?re there to do is stir up its dirt and lay bare its sins.

The setting is a fantasy inspired by pre-statehood Utah, the Deseret Territory, in the early-mid 19th century. Picture a landscape of high mountains, icy rivers and cedar woods, falling away westward into scrublands, deserts, buttes and swells. The summer skies are heartbreaking blue, but the winters are long and killing.

Picture religious pioneers, fleeing persecution and violence in the East. They're trying to establish a society based on faith and righteousness out in this frontier. They've made the long trek westward but they?re still in danger: their towns are small and isolated, vulnerable to attack from without, sin and corruption within. Under pressure, their pride becomes sin, their anger becomes violence, their resentments become hate. Winter and the demons howl...

Picture God's Watchdogs, holding the Faith together.

DitV (traditional)
1:fusangite
2:Romp
3:
4:
5: reserved by GM
6: Reserved by GM

DitV (cop game)
1: Maddman (NTL)
2:
3:
4:
5: reserved by GM
6: Reserved by GM

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
ONe of the reasons I haven't scheduled a time yet is so we can place it in a slot that will meet most people's needs. I'll put your name down. once we get omre people, we can discuss a good time for the game that will hopefully work for as many as possible.

romp

First Post
yangnome said:
ONe of the reasons I haven't scheduled a time yet is so we can place it in a slot that will meet most people's needs. I'll put your name down. once we get omre people, we can discuss a good time for the game that will hopefully work for as many as possible.

I will let you know what times I have for other games, but for now please include me in the DitV traditional

:)

yangnome

First Post
OK, I'm tentatively looking to schedule the modern ditv game on either Wed evening or Thurs afternoon/evening and the traditional DitV game either Saturday afternoon/evening or sometime Sunday (Don't kno when it is best to exploit vendors on Sunday, but I won't be leaving until Monday.)

Any thoughts or preferences?

fusangite

First Post
yangnome said:
OK, I'm tentatively looking to schedule the modern ditv game on either Wed evening or Thurs afternoon/evening and the traditional DitV game either Saturday afternoon/evening or sometime Sunday (Don't kno when it is best to exploit vendors on Sunday, but I won't be leaving until Monday.)

Any thoughts or preferences?
Saturday afternoon/evening looks good for me, I think.

Remove ads