My characters.

mandyscog

First Post
After reading Acquana's art thread for the first time in a year this morning, I decided that I wanted to start a thread to show off my characters. I can't draw, but I'm good at making accurate representations of people and characters for the Sims. I've made a lot of my characters, for two reasons:

1.) My boyfriend's got this Sims neighborhood where he's keeping Sims of our group and our characters. He keeps messing my characters up, so I figured I'd make them for him so at least he'd have the look right.
2.) Since I can't draw, the Sims is the best way for me to show other people--and myself--what's in my head.

Let's start with this one. This isn't one of my characters, but a self portrait. I made the eyes from a digital photo of my actual eyes and I'm quite proud of this Sim. I didn't make the dress but I wish I had it in real life. I also wish I was this thin, but that goal's attainable and I'm getting there. I changed the hairstyle for the inset so you could see the profile better.

4707168.jpg

I became a vampire in my Vampire: The Masquerade--Bloodlines neighborhood and married the prince of L.A., we have two beautiful children--Sarah and Brendan. I picked those names because they mean Prince and Princess in Irish Gaelic and Hebrew respectively. I'm cruel to my Sims that way.

family%20portrat.jpg

Last edited:

mandyscog

First Post
Next is the oldest of all the characters I've made for the Sims so far--in more ways then one. Marie-France is an 8th generation Toreador from 2nd edition Vampire: The Masquerade. From this list, she's the first character I played and in game terms she's 250 years old. Though I only played her for a short time, she's the most well developed of all my characters because she became a part of me and continued to grow through the years I wasn't playing her. She's basically a cheap female Lestat rip off, except not a brat. I don't know if any of you know anything about the Storyteller system or the old World of Darkness, but if you do she's a BonVivant Demeanor with a Caretaker Nature. This is her as a human. I haven't put her in my game and turned her into a vampire yet. I made the outfit.

4707150.jpg

Last edited:

mandyscog

First Post
My boyfriend of the past four years and I were a set up. I'd just finished reading Bridget Jones' Diary and decided to be an idiot and sent a sarcastic e-mail to a (now former) friend in that vein. He replied with an offer to set me up with one of his friends and I figured why not. Long story short, I got a call one Friday night saying that guy I told you about is over here why don't you come meet him. So I went and sat in on a weekly D&D group. The first week, all I did was sit there with his arm around my shoulder. The second week I decided to make a character as an excuse to spend time with someone I liked. Thus I got back into D&D after more then a decade.

And thus Lyllian Willowspear was born. She started out as an elven amnesiac suffering from kleptomania (as my default character is the elven rouge and she had no personality to speak of originally), but she's since regained her memory and is not nearly as obsessed with "shiny things" as she used to be. Her back-story is quite confusing and as I'm just trying to get what I have up right now I don't want to go into it. I'll post it on request though. Thanks to my copy of the PHB, I think I've captured the features of a D&D elf very well and I'm quite pleased with the "hide armor" I made as best I could with the available clothing meshes.

4707147.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
Raven, a.k.a. The Countess Rayanna Tepes, is one of the few characters that spring fully formed into my head. Everything about her from her look to her personality came to me months before I put her on paper. She is a Neutral Evil Sorceress that I first introduced to the game when Lyllian got her memory back and needed to go away for a while to deal with it. Raven's character sheet says human, but that's only 3/4 true. She is 1/8 Red Dragon, 1/16 White Dragon, and 1/16 Black Dragon. I basically just used the draconic heritage as an explanation of where her power comes from, but she gravitates toward fire, ice, and acid spells because of it. She's on a quest for divinity. She shouldn't be smiling though, she never smiles unless it’s a bad thing for you--like the time she sent that ray of frost into that guy's nuts for hitting on her. She is not wearing make-up, her lips are naturally that color.

4707156.jpg

Last edited:

mandyscog

First Post
Bonnie McCloud is another of those characters that were fully formed before anything went on paper. She's a Saloon Gal turned Outlaw from Deadlands. She was sexually abused by her step-father and 3 step-brothers as a child, then forced into the brothel to pay off her step-father's gambling debt. After awhile she ran away and wound up in another brothel, but was just happy to be away from her step-father. After she killed a deputy U.S. Marshal in self-defense, she ran away again, faked her death and now robs stagecoaches under the wanted poster alias of "Winchester Winnie." This is her in her brothel days. I didn't make the texture for this dress, but I did put it on this mesh.

4707129.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
In one of his D&D campaigns, my boyfriend and I play twin teifling sisters (his idea to play a teifling, mine to play twins). Since he doesn't make custom content and both sisters have funky hair, I made both of them, his under supervision. Both characters are multi-classed with one level of rouge and one of fighter. We were orphaned in our teens and raised each other from that point on--basically we became street urchins which explains the level of rouge. He plans on taking more levels of rouge, but I haven't decided yet. He wants to make his character into a duelist where as I want mine to be a weapons expert--the two main paths a fighter can take.

My character is Seffris Agranidd, Seff for short. She's the responsible one with relatively few vices, she does indulge in her one vice (alcohol) like a pro though. She's true Neutral in alignment and dates a half-elf in the town guard named Thare. They've been together for years and live in a house in the center of town--he hates it when she goes out adventuring, wants her to stay home where it's safe.

4707165.jpg

Chathe Agranidd is my Boyfriend's character, she has a lot of vices (sex, alcohol, drugs) but doesn't do any of them as much as Seff drinks (with the possible exception of sex). She's the one who gets us into trouble and has spent a good deal of time in the town jail--in part thanks to the town's Paladin, Zane, who she's managed to make an enemy of. She's Neutral Evil, but it comes off as self-centered.

4707141.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
Dox is a Changeling cleric of the Sovereign Host in Eberron. This is another of my Boyfriends Campaigns, but we've only done it once. I made all the genetics for this character and used the monster's manual as reference for the face. One of my friends has a phobia about Greys (the aliens) and this character scares him because Changelings look like them.

4707144.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
Nessa Silentpaws is a Rouge from a furry D&D world that a friend of mine made. Acquana drew a character portrait of her for me and she's been described in another post. I downloaded the skin and face a long time ago, so all I did for this one was pick the hair and dress her.

4707153.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
Victivyre-R-ELF-1 is my character from Paranoia, she doesn't have much of a personality because no one in Alpha Complex does. It's hard to have a personality when you live in a world that is very much like 1984 and "Friend Computer" keeps you heavily medicated so you don't have independent thoughts.

4707171.jpg

mandyscog

First Post
Sarah Blake is my most recent character and the Sim I am most proud of. She's my character for my boyfriend's Hunter: The Reckoning campaign. I hate Hunter because I like Vampire too much. I found a player created class of Vampire characters called the Dampir that I thought would bring just enough of my favored setting in to Hunter for me to be able to play. Dampir are half-vampires created when a male vampire uses a ritual to temporarily become human and mates with a human female. Dampir have been given a mission by nature, or God, or whatever you want to call it to kill their father.

Sarah in particular is another of my characters that are fully formed before creation. She was raised by her "uncle" a former member of the Society of Leopold (inquisition) and independent Ghoul (human servant of a vampire who has been given some vampiric power through the blood, remember, vampire blood is addictive). Her "uncle," who was really her great-great-uncle, had formed a group of vampire hunters that was essentially a personality cult around himself. They essentially brainwashed her into a vampire killing machine. She went to public school only as long as she was legally required to (16), has never watched TV, seen a movie or played a video game. Every spare moment she had was used to teach her how to fight--she is a master of several martial arts at the tender age of 18. One day, her uncle needed his fix and mistakenly believed he could get it from her. He turned and attacked her at which point the rest of the group realized what he was and attacked him. We killed him and he crumbled to dust. The group dissolved after that, but they’re still my family so I can get help from the remaining four members any time I need. This all happened just a couple of months ago and she's been bouncing around the country looking for her father ever since.

I had no idea what Sarah looked like, and I wanted to. I did know what her father looked like because he is a template character from the Ventrue clanbook. In order to figure out what Sarah looked like, I first made him from the picture next to the character background in the book.

4707159.jpg

I then used the Sims to combine his genetics with those of a random female (who actually looked very much like Marie), the result was what Sarah looks like. I'm quite proud of my ingenuity in figuring that out.

4707162.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads