Heroes of the Day [Dawnforge] (Ended)

Starman

Adventurer
The world of Eadar is in its golden age. The Seven Cities of Anderland grow and prosper under their merchant princes. The trueborn of the Kingsmarch are on the verge of finally uniting and creating a glorious empire based on the ideas of chivalry. Elves, gnomes, and other fey have left their home of Itheria, but have found a land that rivals their own in beauty. The dwarves have maintained a truce in their war with the giants and have their first chance in many centuries to dedicate themselves to peace and building their empire. More and more minotaurs and ogres, once slaves and vassals to the giants, are becoming free to carve their own path in the world. A new land has been discovered across the Sunset Reach and a new people creating many new opportunities for trade and exploration. The lizard folk of Tamerland seem primitive to the people of Ambria, but their close link to nature and their ability to adapt and learn make them a force to be reckoned with. It seems that Eadar has reached its zenith.

But the light of Eadar conceals the looming darkness. The tribes of goblinoids in the frozen north grow and they look jealously upon the wealth of the humans in the south. The giants may have maintained their truce with the dwarves, but they have not forgotten the ancient enmity. It is only a matter of time before they plunge the mountain kingdoms back into war. The tieflings of Valhedar make pacts with dangerous demons and devils prepared to crush their trueborn enemies once and for all. The number of night elves upset with their place in society grows and more continue to turn to the strange immortal Lathail and her call for war. And above them all loom the yuan-ti of Zangala, perhaps the most insidious threat to all of the people of Eadar. Who knows what evils the snake creatures plot?

Eadar may be in its golden age, but it may not last. The world needs people who will not back down, who will not accept defeat, who will brave any burden, any situation, and any evil to stand up to the darkness. The clarion call rings out for heroes. Will you bear the mantle?

Welcome to my Dawnforge game! I would like to recruit up to six players for a game of epic heroism.

Players should be able to post five to six times a week. I am also going to ask players to put in a little more work up front than usual. I want the players to be a group of friends that have been adventuring together for some time and who are just beginning to make a name for themselves. In addtion to your characters' brief individual background, I want a brief group background that includes a name for the group and one enemy you have made. I want each character to have one or two personal goals as well as one or two goals for the group. Also, I would like each player to play a different race. I want to see a very diverse group of heroes that will stand out.

Character creation rules

-5th level
-32 point buy
-9000 gold (no more than 3500 gold on any one item)
-HP: max at first level, 3/4 after that (d4-3, d6-5, d8-6, d10-8, d12-9)
-Alignment: No evil and neutral discouraged. I want heroes. If you have some killer concept that requires a neutral character, you should make sure you give yourself a strong reason to be friends with and adventuring with do-gooders.
-Characters will start with one legend point which does open up the possibility of starting in a legendary path
-Books allowed outside core+Dawnforge: Age of Legends, Complete series (except Psionic), Races series (except Dragon), PHBII, XPH, UA. Any material from these books must still be okayed by me. Some things such as new races are not allowed as are some classes (Samurai and Favored Soul off the top of my head). If, after play begins, a character seems to have found a broken combo, I do reserve the right to work with the player to fix the situation.

I will be using a couple of house rules. Bonus feats will come every 2nd level rather than every 3rd. I will not award experience per encounter, but will rather level you when I feel appropriate. For characters who craft items or cast spells with an XP cost, I will make note of that and let you know if you are reaching your 'limit' for the level.

As I said, I am recruiting up to six players and will maintain a list of alternates if interest is high. My friend, Widowmaker has all ready expressed interest, so that leaves five slots open.

1. Widowmaker (Tiefling Rogue)
2. Isida Kep'Tukari (Ogre Fighter)
3. Mark Chance (Lizardfolk Spirit Adept/Disciple)
4. RobotRobotI (Yuan-ti Thinblood Psychic Warrior)
5. scranford (Dawn elf Duskblade)
6. Tailspinner (Gnome Shaman)

Alts

Any questions?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ooo ooo! Gnome shaman! Totally want to do a gnome shaman! Or a lowland something (or I have a bunch of other ideas in reserve, but I'll hold my keyboard).

RobotRobotI

First Post
Aww! I gotta say I'm interested, but I don't want to overdo it. I'm already pushing it with two games!

Put me down as an alternate? Maybe a human Psychic Warrior!

Widowmaker

First Post
As Starman said I am interested. I am looking at a Trueborn Knight or Fighter. Not sure which. But I am also flexible. If he doesn't fit in the group I have a bunch of ideas. An Lowlander Ranger or Night Elf Thief or Saltblood (not sure of class).

Just all depends on what we have in mind as a group.

Once there is more interest I will post some of my ideas.

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
I forgot to mention that I do have Age of Legend, so that book is available, too. I updated the first post to reflect that. I would like to use the legendary items rules from the appendix of that book.

Hi starman
I'll give it a shot with Dwarf Fighter/Cleric and he'll try to qualify as a StoneLord (Complete warrior) in the next level.
as for Q - can you list me some of the gods in this world.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, there aren't clerics or gods, per se, in Dawnforge Strahd.

Anyways, I also have an idea for an ogre fighter that could be fairly fun, raised to serve the giants and sent forth for "seasoning." Not too bright, or personable, but with a curiosly large heart and a soft spot for anyone smaller or weaker than himself.

Sorry, I have ideas for just about every race in Dawnforge, but that was yet another I wanted to try out. If we end up not having a meat sheild, he could fill that role.

Starman

Adventurer
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Hi starman
I'll give it a shot with Dwarf Fighter/Cleric and he'll try to qualify as a StoneLord (Complete warrior) in the next level.
as for Q - can you list me some of the gods in this world.

I take it you don't have the core Dawnforge book, Strahd? That is going to make things somewhat difficult as all of the races are different, some of the classes have been replaced, and there are some minor rules changes. Amazon.com still has the dead tree version in stock and you can find the .pdf on drivethrurpg.com if you are interested.

Remove ads