Dedicat Fighter

Andor

First Post
Dedicat Fighter (Or Holy warrior, or whatever)

I had a thought today for a generic holy fighter type for D&D and thought I'd throw it up for you guys and see what you think.

Dedicat Fighter
A dedicat fighter must have a patron god whom he serves, although he does not need to be a member of a specific order. Many such orders exist however and most Dedicats are part of one. The dedicat must be within one step of his deities alignment as a cleric.

HD: d10
BAB: Good
Ref: Poor
Will: Strong
Fort: Strong

Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Religeon), Profession, Ride, Sense Motive
Skill points per lvl = 4

Weapons and Armour proficiency:
A Dedicat is proficient with all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and with shields (except tower shields), with all simple weapons, and the weapon of their deity.

Class Abilities:
Level 1 Aura, Channel Power
Level 2 Bonus Feat
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5 Bonus Feat
Level 6
Level 7
Level 8 Bonus Feat
Level 9
Level 10 Divine Favor
Level 11 Bonus Feat
Level 12
Level 13 Divine Favor
Level 14 Bonus Feat
Level 15
Level 16 Divine Favor
Level 17 Bonus Feat
Level 18
Level 19 Divine Favor
Level 20 Bonus Feat

Aura: A dedicat of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

Channel Power: A Dedicat may channel the divine power of his deity in the same manner that a cleric can turn undead. The dedicat cannot turn undead with this power but may use it in any other manner that a cleric could use her channeled power, including to power Divine Feats. The Dedicat must be holding his deities weapon to channel power. Channel Power may be used a number of times per day equal to the dedicats class level divided by 2 (round up) + Charisma Mod. A dedicat channels positive or negative energy in the same manner as a cleric of his deity.

Bonus Feats: The Dedicat may select any divine feat, extra turning (which provides 4 more uses per day of channel power), and weapon focus, greater weapon focus, weapon specialization and greater weapon specialization for use with the deities weapon only.

Divine Favor: Your Deity awards your devotion to it's cause by granting you a new power. Each time you receive this power you may select one from this list:
-Divine Smite: Expend one of your Channel Power uses as a swift to smite an enemy. Add your Charisma modifier to Hit (Minimum bonus +1) and add your class level to damage. The smite attempt will fail against another follower of your deity.

-Extended Blessing: If the bonus provided by a Divine Feat has a Duration, that duration is doubled. This applies to all of your divine feats.

-Blessing of Flight: Expend one of your Channel Power uses as a standard action to sprout wings as appropriate to your alignment and diety. These wings provide a flight movement speed of 40' with good manuverability. These wings last for 10 minutes per class level.

-Summon Deities Weapon: Expend one of your Channel Power uses as a swift action to summon a glowing copy of your deities weapon to your hand. This is a weapon of the standard type favored by your deity. It counts as a force effect. The weapon lasts for 1 round per class level, and has an enhancment bonus equal to your class level divided by 4. If it is a ranged weapon it generates ammunition as needed.

-Summon Holy Armour: Expend one of your Channel Power uses as a swift action to summon an ethereal suit of armour. This armour is a suit of Ghost Touch Full Plate with an enhancment bonus equal to your class level divided by 4. It lasts for 1 round per class level.

-Boost Blessing: All numeric effects of your Divine Feats are doubled, except for duration. This applies to all of your divine feats.

-Divine Adaptation: Expend one of your Channel Power uses as a standard action to either gain Water Breathing and Free Movement or Adaptation (as the Adapt Body psionic power.) This power lasts for 1 hour per class level.

-Divine Sight: You gain Dark Vision out to 60' and Lowlight vision. If you already posess dark vision extend it's range by 60'. You can also expend one Channel Power usage as a standard action to gain Detect Magic and Detect Alignment for 1 min per class level.

-Divine Resistance: Add a +1 sacred bonus to all your saves. As a swift action expend a channel power usage to gain Improved Evasion and Mettle for one round.

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
Well they continue to get more uses per day and bonus feats as they level up so I didn't think it necessary. Also I'm not really a big fan of the 'Here's a bribe to stick with this class for ages." school of design. E.G. Favored Souls Wings...

Still... hmmm....

Okay. I have an idea, I'll edit the class.

Nyaricus

First Post
Hmmm, while I like the idea of a class which sticks the Paladin where he belongs (in the prestige zone) I am not feeling this class. It seems like a figher knock-off that could be done etter with a Paladin/Fighter multi-class - and that scares me :p

szilard does put in a good point with higher level abilities being a good idea (while the favoured souls wings are a bad idea, plenty of other classes (Ranger, Scout, Rogue, Paladin, Druid, etc) have great high-level abilties to look forward to.

If that still doesn't sit right, just try to think of interesting abilities to give them period, to 'spice' 'em up.

Nice idea, but you could giving this archetype a lot more justice.

Cheers :)

Andor

First Post
Nyaricus said:
Hmmm, while I like the idea of a class which sticks the Paladin where he belongs (in the prestige zone) I am not feeling this class. It seems like a figher knock-off that could be done etter with a Paladin/Fighter multi-class - and that scares me :p

Nice idea, but you could giving this archetype a lot more justice.

Cheers :)

Well I'm trying for a more generic class, that can serve as a warrior for any of the gods good, bad, or indifferent. It is a fighter knock off basically. (Well, actually a knock off of the OA Samurai.) But frankly there are enough cool divine feats out there that it seemed reasonable. Prestige Classes for particular gods could follow on.

BTW do you still think it needs beefing up after I added the Divine Favor powers?

Thanks.

drexes

First Post
I liked the idea of this classes mix so much I'm stealing it and making it my own.

I removed the armor, weapon, and wings abilities and put in one for using divine power to turn undead, and one for a special mount. I also made the darkvision ability have a duration of one hour/level. I also changed when the abilities were being gained. I put the bonus feats at 1st, 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th. I gave them divine favor at 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th. I also limited thier skill points to 2+.

Just thought I show you what I thought could be done.

Drexes

Remove ads