• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oh No! Sharpie on the Battlemap!

Kri8or

First Post
I know I've seen people post methods of getting permanent ink off a wet erase map but I can't find the threads. Any one have any tips?

Now, I just need a way to keep the gm from mixing up the vis a vis and the Sharpies...

SpiralBound

Explorer
Please test these suggestions first in a discrete location!!!

I've been told that using nail polish remover, vineager, or acetone will work, depending on the type of material that the battle board is made from.

As for making sure that the GM can tell the difference, I would suggest that you put all the dry-erase markers in a special container that is only ever used for this purpose and take your sharpies and put them in a desk drawer or something. An ounce of prevention and all that...

Good luck cleaning your battle board!

JustKim

First Post
The other thread said brake cleaner.

Actually, all you really need is another (preferably non-permanent) marker. If you rub the permanent marker with another marker, it'll revert to a washable state and can be wiped off. You'll ruin the second marker in the process by absorbing the permanent ink into the tip, but it works because that's how markers work in the first place.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Sharpie Away!

Try writing over the permanent ink with your regular erasable markers. You might be able to erase both lines after that.

This works on dry-erase boards, but I haven't tried it on a battlemat.

briezee

First Post
I second the rubbing alchohol suggestion. We used that quite successfully on sharpie marker. However - it does rub out the lines. You may need to take an ultrafine line sharpie and put the lines back in. After that, hide the sharpies! I won't let them at my table anymore.

Melkor

Explorer
Not to completly highjack this thread, but:

What are good brands of eraseable markers to use on Chessex battlemats ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads