Higher Level Starting Gold

Scribble

First Post
I don't have my books on me at work, is there a formula that would tell me what the starting gold for a 12th level and a 13th level character would be?

Barring that, does anyone know off hand what those amounts are?

Infiniti2000

First Post
ElectricDragon said:
I believe the formula is 90% of the xp required for the level or 88,000 for 12 and 110,000 for 13.
So, 90% of 66,000 is 88,000? What math planet are you from? :p

Although the starting gold numbers ElectricDragon gave are correct, how he got them is by looking up in the table. There is no such correlation between XP and gold.

Scribble

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
So, 90% of 66,000 is 88,000? What math planet are you from? :p

Although the starting gold numbers ElectricDragon gave are correct, how he got them is by looking up in the table. There is no such correlation between XP and gold.

Is there a formula? Or is it just random starting amounts?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Scribble said:
Is there a formula? Or is it just random starting amounts?
I think someone came up with some crazy high order polynomial fit, but really there is no formula. Do what I did and copy down the PC/NPC starting gold amounts into a text file and e-mail it to your work address. :)

The evolution of the numbers probably were initially based on a formula and then modified through playtesting or design experience. Dunno for sure.

Scribble

First Post
I have a Flash Drive that has the majority of the stuff I use for gam,ing on it... I just haven't gotten around to making a text of the stuff that isn't in the srd yet. :p

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Someone mentioned that formula on this board and I only checked the first few levels for accuracy (not being a great math wiz). Up until 5th level the 90% rule does work. I should have checked some of the higher numbers but since I was away from my books at the time and would have had to fuddle through figuring the xp numbers to check with my copied PC wealth by level table; I just assumed the ratio stayed the same.

Sorry for the misinfo.

Ciao
Dave

Kae'Yoss

First Post
O Tables of Fate, how we lament your passing.

A couple of years back, I had a thread with all the stuff the SRD is lacking, but we had to take it down since that stuff's not supposed to be there. Too bad really.

Remove ads