In Breland's Name: The Xen'Drik Expedition (rekick this mule)

NarlethDrider

First Post
I finally have a home computer & would like to get this going----while i dont expect anyone to want to come back, i thought i would give it a shot

Its been 10 years since the end of the last war and, quite simply, things have taken a turn for the worse---minor skirmishes here, assasinations there, strange new creatures stalk the lands, & many nations seek to exploit the magiks & secrets of the vast continent of Xen'drik...

I'll provide some of the char. creation info now, but, I'm mainly interested in concepts & the best ones weill be chosen first----the reason I may be a bit picky is that I'm wanting to do a webcomic of the story as well :D

Also, at present my computer access is limited to the work pc---unfortunately i'm fixin to head home now, but I'll be sure to reply in the mornin :)

Char level: 4th
42 point buy for abilities
No psionics

Races allowed (if u do have a request that is not on this list just ask & I'll let u know :confused: ) :: (BTW, Uniqueness & variety will get my attention first)
Human
Elf (Valenar, Arenal,'standard')
Dwarf
Gnome (uggh)
Halfling
Warforged (standard & scout)
Changeling
Shifter
Half-orc (meh)
Hobgoblin
Goblin
Kobold

(those that follow WILL require a good story!)
Drow
Half-drow:
1)'Standard"
2)Scorrow
3)Giant/Ogre

Half-Ogre
Gnoll
Half-Gnoll
Tiefling
Lizardfolk (standard, poison dusk, or Xen'drik mutant)

Mutation of 'standards' exists quite a bit, I plan to take the mutant theme presented in SoX & run with it

Last edited:

Ringmereth

First Post
I might put something together for this. I like the idea of a companion webcomic--I'll have to take a look at it whether or not I play.

What I'm wondering, though, is whether/why changlings and kalashtar are banned?

DrZombie

First Post
Oooh. A valenar elven scout-fighter.
I've been thinking about the concept for a bit. A valenar who rejects his heritage, and feels that, if the ancestors were great heroes, why can't he be one himself, without imitating an ancient forefather. He tries to get away from his destiny, and roams around, not being part of a warband. The problem is, the ancestor for wich he is named was an unconventional adventurer as well. Whatever he does, he can't shake the feeling that he's still walking in his ancestors shoes. So now he'll try going to xen'drik, to see for himself where his forefather lived. Ofcourse, should he get there, and be forced into a fight with giants, he'll still do the things is forefather did...

If anyone plays a noble, or an archeologist, or if an NPC wants a bodyguard, I'm allways up for playing a monk/rogue of house (deneith?), a protector, heir to the house but more interested in having adventures, chasing women and stealing treasure then in babysitting some oaf of a noble, or arranging family business. Xen'dric doesn't sound like a lot of fun, he doubts there will be a lot of women, but there might be some treasure. Besides, funds are running a bit low, and he doesn't want to borrow money from the House, knowing there will be strings attached.

And then there's allways the shifter barbarian/ranger. Sometimes I just love to smash the bad guys. Repeatedly. Severely. Without mercy. With a big axe. I know the big sword is better, but the axe is cooler. An old eldeen reaches scout, who's tribe was murdered by abberations. He tries to get away from it all, and hires out as a scout, having heard there is strange magic and powerfull artifacts hidden in Xen'dric, hoping to find something that will enable him to get revenge on those sick twisted beings that killed everyone he knows.

A kobold sorcerer/wizard. Muaahahahahaa. Hirstandantilus the great. Tremble before the might of the kobold, you big lunks. A small kobold with thoughts of grandeur. Humiliated, laughed at, but allways knowing he was special. He took a menial job at the university, cleaning, sweeping, working in the kitchen, studying the arcane marks on the blackboards before wiping them, uncomprehending, frustrated. Untill he was the butt of a student joke once too many, and lashed out with arcane energy. Now he adventures to get money to pay for his studies.
He's craving recognition, love, fame, but as a kobold that might be a little much. Or not? Maybe going on an expedition to Xen'dric will get him the fame and recognition he craves

Euuhm. Basically I just wanna play :) hell I'll even the sorcerers' familiar if there's no other spot :D

Last edited:

NarlethDrider

First Post
Ringmereth said:
I might put something together for this. I like the idea of a companion webcomic--I'll have to take a look at it whether or not I play.

What I'm wondering, though, is whether/why changlings and kalashtar are banned?

Changlings where an over sight on my part (they've been added to the list) :heh:

When I tink of Kalashtar, I simply think of them as 'psionic using only' for some reason
:heh:

NarlethDrider

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I may be interested as well, Halfling barbarian or ranger I think...

What books are allowed?

For books I have Complete fighter w/access via friends to Complete Adventurer/arcane/& divine. Other books; Races of the Dragon, Races of Eberron, Advanced Bestiary, Unearthed Arcana, Hordes of the Abyss, MM1-4, PhB 1&2, DMG 1&2...All the Eberron books except players guide to Eberron, Underdark, Races of Faerun, Savage Species, Serpent kingdom, Monsternomicon 3.5, Plot & Poison, Bastards & Bloodlines, & a few others :)

ByteRynn

First Post
I am thinking a dragonmarked house Deneith Knight, working toward Dragonmarked Heir. He feels invincible because of his training and trys to put himself in more and more dangerous positions in order to test his limits.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I had a question, I am making a dinosaur-riding halfing ranger, and neither of the combat styles truly appeal to me. I am taking the Talenta Warrior feat from Races of Eberron, which gives me proficienty with three halfing weapons. Two are two-handed, and one is thrown. None of them would be useful with the ranged or two-weapon fighting combat trees. Is there an alternative I could use? Bonuses to attack with halfing weapons, or something else that would be a fair trade?

ByteRynn

First Post
How do you feel about Tome of Battle: Book of 9 swords?

I could change the Knight to a Warblade or something from that book pretty easily.

NarlethDrider

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I had a question, I am making a dinosaur-riding halfing ranger, and neither of the combat styles truly appeal to me. I am taking the Talenta Warrior feat from Races of Eberron, which gives me proficienty with three halfing weapons. Two are two-handed, and one is thrown. None of them would be useful with the ranged or two-weapon fighting combat trees. Is there an alternative I could use? Bonuses to attack with halfing weapons, or something else that would be a fair trade?

I have no problem w/workin up somethin different---all the pcs will be defireent than others of their kind some way or another :D ---BTW, be a Talenta halfling i do not require u to have to take a feat to use what IMO is essentially racial weapons---instead of exotic weapons, they would be martial to a talenta 1/2ling (like drow long knives arent exotic to those drow in xen'drik)---also, i cant remember if the valenar's double scimitar is exotic or martial--as a general rule a specific racial/cultural weapon will be martial to that specific race/culture & exotic to 'outsiders'----hope i havent been confusing, the pain killers are getting to me :heh:

Remove ads