Planescape: Tale of the Clueless ~OOC

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
The Great Wheel, while claimed by many to be the hub of the multiverse, remains unknown to most. These unassuming people are more often than not natives of the material plane... home to humans, elves, dwarves and other prime creatures.

From time to time these cluless folk find themselves in an alien world, where the laws of nature seldom work in the manner they know; and where everything they know about the world is turned round on its head. The Rule of Threes means nothing to these people, and the long and bloody history of the Factions is as alien to them as the notion of an intelligent goblin. Worst of all, they know not the consecuences of displeasing the Lady, the guardian (some say Gaoler, other prisoner) of the Cage... Sigil, the centre of it all.

These primers - or clueless, as they are called in the Cage, much to their displeasure - rarely survive for long unless they can find mutual support. This can take many forms and more often than not is just a mask for some evil plan to hide behind. But those who get on their feet often find that there is much... MUCH more to life than the Prime Material. There is an infinity of planes out there to saviour, an infinity of creatures to meet and interact with... and an infinate ways to die as one travels the planes. But the risks are wel lworth it, and an adventurer can find far more than wealth and infamy. Those who seek knowledge find themselves against an array of options. Those looking for insight find far more than they bargained for and a few even find out what it like to become a god, first hand.

Welcome to Planescape, berks!

Some of you may have read about this already. I was planning on running two Planescape campaigns; each with its own flavour. and now its turn to begin the second campaign idea.

as the intro above should hopefully convey, the idea is to have all the PCs be Primers, and hopefully, the less the players know about the Great Wheel cosmology and Planescape specifically, the better. This campaign should be about experincing extraordinary things that would be though too outrageous for campside stories.. .first hand! The chained orbs of Carceri, the relentless grinding of Mechanus's cogs and the insidious evil that is the Abyss.

The emphasis will be on roleplaying, with 'epic' combats and smaller skirmishes scattered throughout the adventure. While not looking for any cahracter types, appropiate characters would be rogues, fighters, rangers (urban and normal), arcane spellcasters, warlocks and favoured souls.

Basically, PCs should be PH races and be native to basic Prime worlds (Eberron, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk etc). apart from that there are no restrictions.

Level is 3, starting wealth etc is all standard. Resources should be PH1 and PH2, DMG1 and DMG2, all complete books and all races books, Spell Compendium. No more, no less. of course, as you gain exerience in the planes, you will gain access to the Planar Handbook (when you go up to level 5)

Lets see what you come up with...

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
This sounds excellent. I spotted the discussion in the other thread about it. I've been wanting to doing something with Planescape ever since one of my friends bought it back in the days of AD&D, but we never got to it.

Now to decide what to be...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... lemme see... how about a Faerunian orc priestess of Luthic? A simple motherly creature caught up in a whirlwind of strangeness beyond her control?

Ambrus

Explorer
I've been waiting to see whether you'd start the second game or not. I'm definitely in, though the different starting background will necessitate a different character concept.

My first thought is of a Dragonborn/dragonwrought kobold sorcerer (from races of the dragon) native of the Forgotten Realms who has fled the prime material to free his mind from the unending assault of the rage currently infecting the dragons of the Realms. Being a dragonborn would depend on whether the party is comprised of non-evil characters or not. If I see the group heading leaning towards evil then I might change the character to a warlock.

I'll write-up the character in more detail if you like the concept. I'm assuming character creation will follow the same system as in the other Planescape game thread. Should we post characters here or send them to you?

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
the idea i have is for agoood party, though you can be a good warlock ;)
races of...
as i said in the main post, i would prefer basic PH and races over anything else else.

Tell me more about the orc concept... Luthic,that's interesting :

Ambrus

Explorer
Ignorant of the planes at large is fine; though should we describe in our backgrounds how we arrived in the planes or simply leave that to you? So should I post the character here or send it to you?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
i'll pick the characters first, and then decide.

sure you can post the character here... ability scores are 4d6 choose highest three, hp is standard (first level max, all others random.

make the rolls on Invisible Castle.com and post the links here

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
I have a hankering to play a cleric or possibly a rogue. Now I personally know very little about PS, and my character will hail from the Dragonlance setting, about as ignorant of the planes as one can get! :lol:

Remove ads