• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus in the Scarred Lands

Voadam

Legend
Hmm, ptolus is built over dwarven ruins, the dwarves had conflicts with dark elves. That suggests Burok Torn and their dark elf problems. King Virduk conquered burok torn surface dwarven lands so the human city built over old dwarven place sounds like a possible fit. Lothian changes to the slaver god then.

The banewarrens part could come from a number of old civilization times, slaerician, the snake guys, other titan spawn that rose and fell, etc.

Otherwise Lothian = the paladin god so something near mithril city?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I don't see why not. We have people fitting Bluffside, Freeport and I've even managed to use Bard's Gate myself.

As to situate it, probably somewhere in the Plains of Ledes, maybe just west of Hedrad. That has some nice "open" country.

Graf

Explorer
This was discussed a while ago when Monte first started posted about Ptolus a number of years ago.

The answer is kinda… it depends on how much you want to change SL (or have discrepancies in your game)

In SL there is relatively little day to day magic, and (lawful) evil dominates the civilized parts of the world (at least on the main continent). Citizens struggle to survive, etc.

As its written Ptolus would be far and away the most advanced city on SL. They have guns, advanced magic, working sewers, etc. Unlike the other major points of civilization Ptolus isn’t supported directly by a god.
In SL basically there are two kinds of places to live: places where you’re trapped with really religious people (Mithril, that justice city on the coast) or places where you feel like you have to make difficult moral choices (Hollowfaust, the decadent city on the southern coast, Calastia).

Compared to these Ptolus is a paradise. So it would have been the target of massive immigration, etc.

The former Emperor lives there so it’s a seat of political power in Ptolus; except that there is not former empire in SL so you’ll have to make one.
The former Emperor is feuding with other political figures for control of the empire in Ptolus; again no existing empire to feud over (unless you want to make Ptolus part of Calastia).

I ran banewarrens in SL (set in Hollowfaust, with a big spire in the middle of the ghost quarter).
Generally it worked brilliantly so I think the overall dark-and-gritty feel works.

But if you or your players are into detail it will take some work.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Graf,

Shelzar is the city of decedance(sp). Of course Hollowfaust has some nice parties too. ;) Hedrad is the city of Hedrada, after the monk students of the Perfected One left to do some traveling.

freebfrost

Explorer
Graf said:
In SL basically there are two kinds of places to live: places where you’re trapped with really religious people (Mithril, that justice city on the coast) or places where you feel like you have to make difficult moral choices (Hollowfaust, the decadent city on the southern coast, Calastia).
coughcough*LAVE*coughcough.

;)

Remove ads