• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The making of Sephera

Sephera

First Post
[Sephera enters, wipes hands on pants to be sure they're dry, and steps forward with a big smile] :D

Hello,

I'm Sephera. I'm new here. I'm new to RPG discussion boards in general, but I learn fast and I am finding I could enjoy being here. ENWorld seems to be a font of information that I have been looking for. (Did I mention that my hobby is collecting information? Torin can tell you all about the piles of papers waiting to be filed that reflect my obsession hobby. ;) )

I am still working on developing my persona/avatar, etc. and would be interested in some assistance. I recently played around with a what kind of character are you type quiz and it indicated I'm a Neutral Good Halfling Wizard. I suppose so, but I prefer Sorceress to Wizard (no offense to Wizards, just a personal preference.) I LOVE fey folk, particularly Disney Fairies. Okay, I'll admit it, I LOVE Disney stuff, too. So, I do think of myself as a small creature and I guess the Halfling fits in there.

Torin looked at GenCon for how he pictured Sephera and he says Thunderfoot agreed with his choice.

http://www.lawilliams.com/MAIN PAGES/GALLERIES PAGES/PRINT GALLERY/PAGES/GUINEVERE PAINTED.htm

My first comment when I saw the picture was how am I supposed to move around in the dungeons in a full skirt? Looking again, I'm sure the shawl would hamper my somatic abilities to cast my spells.

I visualize myself something more along the lines of Nene Thomas's artwork or Amy Brown's. I definately like this:

http://www.nenethomas.com/portCosair.shtml (Could I justify that she's a sorceress? She's wearing metal and carrying a sword :\ , but she has a great familiar! :D )

But, if I were in more of a fairy persona, I would probably have the dragon like wings rather than butterfly type or feathered wings.

Enough rambling...

-Sephera

shilsen

Adventurer
Greetings. We are the ENWorld. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

And that being said, I prefer the second one. Arrrrr.

Last edited:

Welcome! (I'm not a frequent poster, so feel free to ignore me. :) )

I like the second one. For no other reason than

1. "Everything goes better with pirates!"

2. She's a hot brunette. :D

I would suggest doing a crop of the picture to just the face though. Or link to it in your signature as a Kewl Image somehow. Big files make for problems. The image, you see, is a 'big file'. Also, it's probably copyrighted and restricted for use. Putting the whole thing up is a grey area.

Ultimately it's your choice though.

Many folks change avatars throughout their career on message boards. I've only had two in the five odd years that I've been posting on RPG boards. Since a friend of mine drew my current one (it looks a bit like me), I'm sticking with it. But I've seen some folks with a new avatar almost weekly.

Definitely the first! :D

Who says you have to tramp around the dungeon in that - there are down times you know...oh wait, so far you don't, well eventually there will be...maybe.

freebfrost

Explorer
Hi and welcome to EnWorld Sephera!

It's a great place - I hope any initial reactions here are overlooked in the zeal our members share for gaming... ;)

Also, you can't go wrong with Nene Thomas, although her newer works appear to be all computer graphics instead of oils sadly. I'll vote for that choice. (She's always at GenCon too, by the way.)

So, once again welcome and enjoy your time here!

Sephera

First Post
I know

Thunderfoot said:
Definitely the first! :D

I figured as much, since you and Torin agreed you liked the first. Maybe I have a split personality and the first one can be for my poor Sephera peasant that is still trying to catch Torin's eye while in court. The second one is more suitable for dungeon travel. :D I've decided the corset and gloves are not metal, they are either leather or velvet. Now I just need to find an enchanted sword that won't create a high arcane spell failure chance.

Hmm, Torin got GenCon 2006, I can get ... a costume! I've already requested a price quote. :]

Do the rules of the costume contest indicate I have to create the costume myself, or can I just look good in one that someone else made for me?

Sephera

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Welcome to EN World, Sephara! I hope you enjoy your stay and stick around for a good long while. :)

Sephera

First Post
Sephera said:
Hmm, Torin got GenCon 2006, I can get ... a costume! I've already requested a price quote. :]

Okay... maybe not. The seamstress indicated that the costume would probably be well over $1,000. I really don't think Torin spent that much on GenCon this year. Maybe I can have her do just part of it and try to find pieces other places.

-Sephera

Sejs

First Post
Sephera[url said:
http://www.nenethomas.com/portCosair.shtml[/url] (Could I justify that she's a sorceress? She's wearing metal and carrying a sword :\ , but she has a great familiar! :D )

First off, allow me to also extend another welcome. Howdy!

Anyway, certainly you could easily justify that picture as a sorceress - the only metal that stands out is her girdle, and that's a pretty far cry from walking around in a full suit of armor. The sword is just a matter of training, and as you pointed out the familiar is a perfect fit.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Hi, my name is Kamikaze Midget and I'm a humorless vacuum of good taste and fully represent ENWorld's passive/aggressive buttertroll cat piss men. :)

Seriously, welcome. I like the second picture, because pirates are cool and little pets are fun. :)

Remove ads