Beowulf & Grendel

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I heard about this movie a while back and I've been waiting for the release. It looks like it's playing in Austin, TX. Does anyone know when it will be widely released? It looks good and I like the cast. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Alaric_Prympax said:
I heard about this movie a while back and I've been waiting for the release. It looks like it's playing in Austin, TX. Does anyone know when it will be widely released? It looks good and I like the cast. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't believe it's getting a wide theatrical release. :\ It's already available on DVD.

taliesin15

First Post
yeah, I'm not sure about the release (nor did I know what Mouseferatu just said, that its out on DVD), but it just played here at some festival over the weekend--a couple of people were raving about it, but maybe they got a hold of some spoiled rye bread and/or blue woads first, because the term "straight to video" has rather negative connotations...I just hope its as good as Thirteenth Warrior...

Kaledor

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I don't believe it's getting a wide theatrical release. :\ It's already available on DVD.

Yeah, I just ran across it in my local Rental Store and was shocked b/c we never got a whisper of it in my area theaters. Ah well.

Joker

First Post
It's a fairly good movie. Advertisers here compare it to LotR but that's just a silly marketing strategy. It is nothing like the Ring trilogy. Not that B+G is surpassed in terms of quality, it's just not a movie of such epic scale. The story and events are far more personal and gritty than the LotR movies.

Nyaricus

First Post
This was in Winnipeg in theaters about a half year ago. In May, I think. Naw, before that even. April, perhaps.

Personally, I thought that Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King, which is about the nordic hero Sigurd, Dragon-Slayer and cursed ring-bearer was a much better movie then B+G. YMMV, of course :cool:

Remove ads