Dwarven Profanity

BluSponge

Explorer
So the dwarf I've been playing in the local LG campaign is a pretty salty, abrasive character. And while I have no problem using profanity (sparingly) at the table, I'd like to do something a bit less jaring and a bit more in-character. What I'm looking for is to compile a list of dwarven swares, curses, and general profanity. So...who wants to play? :D

Tom

Quill_Quayuazue

First Post
Call the target of youe curse <prefferably a dwarf - the only one who would get it >

"Gnome beard"

Hey Gnome beard get out of the way you blocking the ale spout.

This should be akin to calling some on Butt Face

Q

Brimshack

First Post
What kind of an OP is that, you Fair Cheeked Friend of a Forest Fey! Typical of a Craftless Topsider who wouldn't know a gem from a gutter rat! Probably spend too much time consorting with willowy fatless wenches and losing your virtues up skirt of a skinny elf.

Well it doesn't take a deep gnome to know the coin bounces down the dungeon stairs and not up them, but that's just what I'd expect from someone who could hide behind the backbone of a hobbit. Obviously, you haven't sufficient years on you to tie but 3 knots in your own beard. It wouldn't take but 3 shaves a day to keep your rosy baby bottom of a chin shiny and smooth.

Elf Lover!

That's just what I'd expect from a scrawney little runt with narry a dent in his war-axe.

Last edited:

Erstwhile

First Post
Well, here's a range of 'em, from the blasphemous to the tame... ;)

Rust and ruin!

Moradin's balls!

By Clangeddin's hairy arse!

Beronnar's bouncing breasts! ('Cause alliteration is fun!)

Ye wee ruster!

Dirty Drow-shagger!

Goblin-rutter!

More clueless'n an Elf with a hammer!

BlackMoria

First Post
In my campaign, the players who like playing dwarves didn't like that very little was written on the dwarven language so we use Klingon as the dwarvish language.

It has worked wonderfully with characters having fun with Klingon phrases and some can even talk conversationally in a limited fashion.

If this idea floats your boat, you can go to this site for Klingon Curses

Presto2112

Explorer
BluSponge said:
So the dwarf I've been playing in the local LG campaign is a pretty salty, abrasive character. And while I have no problem using profanity (sparingly) at the table, I'd like to do something a bit less jaring and a bit more in-character. What I'm looking for is to compile a list of dwarven swares, curses, and general profanity. So...who wants to play? :D

Tom

You might find some ideas in this thread.

Remove ads