The other thread.

direpress

First Post
It seems that we need a thread to state that the RPGNow + DTRPG = OBS merger does not mean that every vendor is going to raise their prices. Some vendors will, they honestly have to. They are the sort of vendors who struggle to provide the best mix of quality and value in their products, and they absolutely should be commended and supported for this. Other vendors will not, and will be able to absorb any higher vendor rates through increased efficiency, accepting a lower profit, or by various other means. For that matter, for some, their vendor rate will not be changing at all.

Dire Press counts itself among the latter. We are fortunate that our vendor rate will not be changing, and we have no intention of increasing our pricing. We recognize that this makes our decision to support OBS and its efforts to build and improve the market trivially easy. We are encouraged by other vendors who have made the same choice despite a more difficult situation, and like to think that we would support OBS regardless. Because we do love the game, and have faith in the people on both sides of the screen.

Bardsandsages

First Post
I was just coming here to post the exact same thread! Bards and Sages has no intention of raising its prices. After reviewing our current agreements and programs, we see no reason to increase our fees to the consumer, as our rates will not really be changing.

We are looking forward to the growth opportunities this merger will provide. :) :cool:

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Fat Dragon Games will not be raising prices on our existing product catalog. After taking time to review the OBS merger for the last couple of days and discussing it privately with several other publishers, we feel that the merger will generate more sales over the long term that will make up for any slight decrease in our profits. Our PDFs are still generating a higher profit margin than our physical products in distribution due to the higher discounts distributers and consolidators demand, so we see no reason that the rate increase on PDFs should be passed along to our customers. I strongly believe the OBS merger will benefit customers and publishers alike and fully intend to support OBS/James/Steve in any way possible.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Let me toss this in the ring as well.
Highmoon Media Productions will not be raising prices across our entire catalog. I might take the opportunity to equalize some price points in some of our products, but the difference will be quite small. I feel our prices already reflect the value of the product and that there is no need to hit the customers with an increase at this time.

Last edited:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
We would like to note that everyone in this thread will move their writing/art/editing sources to India, JG Browning is already located in India so it's either increasing prices or consider using child labor... ;-)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Cergorach said:
We would like to note that everyone in this thread will move their writing/art/editing sources to India, JG Browning is already located in India so it's either increasing prices or consider using child labor... ;-)

Actually, Joe just left my house a few minutes ago and I definitely don't live in India.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Adamant Entertainment will be seeing our overhead increase, but despite that, we're confident enough in the strength of the market and the loyalty of the gaming public that we're not going to be raising our prices.

Well, we at Secular are not yet strong or well-known in the PDF market, but I must say we corroborate the attitude of the big ones, and won’t be raising prices on our products either… :)

Remove ads