• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Re-balancing the 1/2 Orc for my own campaign (II)

1/2 Orc "fix"

• A.) Drop the -2 to INT

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • B.) Bonus Feat at 1st level

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • C.) Bonus skill point per level

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • D.) Drop the -2 to CHA

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • E.) 1/2 Orcs are fine "as is"

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • F.) Other

Votes: 12 15.8%

irdeggman

First Post
You might have been better off with another option of adding a bonus to Intimidate (or some other specific skill) and/or + attack bonuses to dwarves.

"Other" is probably too broad.

I think the race is fine as is, but adding a +1 attack bonus to dwarves makes themeatic sense (especially if dwarves get a +1 attack bonus on half-orcs).

Nifft

Penguin Herder
+1 to attack Elves might be nice, too -- and Drow are more common than evil Dwarves in my experience.

Cheers, -- N

Rhun

First Post
I'm in favor of dropping the CHA penalty.

This would make having rogues and sorcerers that are half-orcs much more common, which I think would be pretty cool.

Nadaka

First Post
Bonus skills, because more than intimidate bonus or dropping charisma penalty, it makes them better rogues and rangers while not also making them better wizards. Though IMO dropping the charisma penalty would not be unbalanced either.

Drop the Cha penalty, give 'em +2 bonus on Intimidate and Survival to reflect their scrappy roots and a relatively focused manifestation of the quick grasp of skills given to them by their human heritage.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I voted E (fine as is), but if you wanted to do something C (human skill point bonus) or a bonus to Intimidate checks -- shared by orcs, of course -- would work too.

irdeggman

First Post
Nifft said:
+1 to attack Elves might be nice, too -- and Drow are more common than evil Dwarves in my experience.

Cheers, -- N

I didn't include that one becasue elves don't get a bonus against orcs (or half-orcs), whereas dwarves do.

Rhun

First Post
irdeggman said:
I didn't include that one becasue elves don't get a bonus against orcs (or half-orcs), whereas dwarves do.

Perhaps, but it was Corellon Larethian that took out Gruumsh's eye. They are arch-enemies, so it would make sense.

Remove ads