• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power Feat: Variable Descriptor (from UP)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Ultimate Power said:
Variable Descriptor
You can change the descriptors of an effect with this power feat, varying them as a free action once per round. For one rank with this feat, you can apply any of a closely related group of descriptors, such as weather, electromagnetic, temperature, and so forth. For two ranks, you can apply any of a broad group of descriptors, such as any mental, magical, or technological descriptor. The GM decides if any given descriptor is appropriate for use with a particular effect and this feat.

(Only four sentences, which I believe does fall just within Green Ronin's copyright guideline for "copy this much and no more and we'll be okay.")

I was planning on taking this power feat for my proposed character's (Dr. Archeville) energy blaster, so it could be an ultra-tech blaster capable to emitting a damaging blast of any form of electromagnetic energy (gamma rays, hard x-rays, soft x-rays, extreme ultraviolet, near ultraviolet, visible light, near infrared, moderate infrared, far infrared, microwaves, and radio waves/telvision signals).

If this isn't okay, let me know, and I can re-do Archeville's Blaster.

Velmont

First Post
For now, you can do a similar thing at a bit of higher cost with alternate power. I'll have to take a look at the book. But at frst sight, it doesn't seem much broken to change the descriptor, as most people are either immune to only one (so having a second is enough to bypass his immunity) or immune to a wide group (like insubstancial being immune to all execpt one) in that case, it is might come handy, but for the number of time it would really help, I don't see it necessary to spend 8 PP to have 8 identical power with only teh descriptor changing.

I'll look at it this week, as soon as I put my hand on teh book.

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
For now, you can do a similar thing at a bit of higher cost with alternate power. I'll have to take a look at the book. But at frst sight, it doesn't seem much broken to change the descriptor, as most people are either immune to only one (so having a second is enough to bypass his immunity) or immune to a wide group (like insubstancial being immune to all execpt one) in that case, it is might come handy, but for the number of time it would really help, I don't see it necessary to spend 8 PP to have 8 identical power with only teh descriptor changing.

I'll look at it this week, as soon as I put my hand on teh book.

I vote Yes. In fact there already is a character using this rule.

Remove ads