• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Average damage spreadsheet

Iku Rex

Explorer
Does anyone know where I can find a spreadsheet for calculating average damage?

The Electronic Aids section here at ENWorld has one , but it's not very detailed and there's something wrong with it. (I noticed is it doesn't account for auto-hits. There may be more errors, but I won't know until I look more closely at the code and I'd rather not have to. :\ )

I remember using one by SpikeyFreak, but I can't find it with Google anymore.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Iku Rex said:
Does anyone know where I can find a spreadsheet for calculating average damage?

The Electronic Aids section here at ENWorld has one , but it's not very detailed and there's something wrong with it. (I noticed is it doesn't account for auto-hits. There may be more errors, but I won't know until I look more closely at the code and I'd rather not have to. :\ )

I remember using one by SpikeyFreak, but I can't find it with Google anymore.

There's one at Dire Press. I can't vouch for its accuracy yet (it's an "optimal power attack calculator")

direpress

First Post
Mort said:
There's one at Dire Press. I can't vouch for its accuracy yet (it's an "optimal power attack calculator")
the core function is pretty straightforward, and uses brute force iteration. it does at least account for 1 = automatic miss, 20 = automatic hit and threat. if anyone wants to seriously critique the code, let me know and i'd be happy to provide it. (or go view source and hunt it down, its just javascript.)

cheers!

Remove ads