Barrow of the Forgotten King (review)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
It's a fairly straightforward adventure with almost all of the work done. I might add a secret passage to bypass a room or two, and add another passage to bypass an area and make a section that is there secret, just to add some variety. Not difficult to do.

If I get ambitious, I might add an encounter or two on the extra passages I add, likely in the nature of some puzzles, tricks, or traps, since those are not as prevalent currently as combat encounters.

If anyone wanted blind alleys, alternate routes, or dead space, there's plenty of room on the map to add such and it would take all of ten minutes with a pen and little imagination. I'd probably been pissed off if WotC had taken one half a page to two pages in the adventure text to add that sort of thing. :)

helium3

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
This makes me want to look at Slaughtergarde...

We're playing through Slaughterguard at the moment and are going to be going into Ravenloft when we're done with that. So far Slaughterguard is all right, though a bit repetitive and there doesn't seem to be much for us to do but kill stuff because its there. That could just be the guy running the adventure though.

helium3 said:
So far Slaughterguard is all right, though a bit repetitive and there doesn't seem to be much for us to do but kill stuff because its there. That could just be the guy running the adventure though.

Hm. I've been reading through it, and it sounds like there's the potential to have a lot more going on than killing things just because they're there. There is something Not Right going in that valley.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Olgar,

Well I was just curious if you had gotten it. It's a good module and one of the better recent Green Ronin releases, especially for their Bleeding Edge line.

Remove ads