Dr Who Season 3/4 (possible spoilers)

delericho

Legend
I liked this episode, apart from the end. It will be interesting to see where it goes next week.

My favourite part?

"Ever been on stage before?"
"A little. Shakespeare."
"Oh. How dull is that?"

horacethegrey

First Post
Aside from the exagerrated New Yawk accents, this was an awesome episode! :)

Daleks, as always, are cool in my book. And nice to see some character from them (then again, they've always shown tons of it since the start of the new series), especially during the parts when they're arguing about whether to remain pure or whether to evolve. And the twist in the end was kind of surprising, but what does this bode for the future? It'll be interesting how this hybrid Dalek affects the series future as a whole.

The rest of the episode I've no complaints, the period setting was well handled. And acting wise I've no complaints. Tennant does great in bringing out the Doctor's darker side again when he realizes his old enemies have returned. And quite a surprise to see Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka from The Phantom Menace) here as well, he does a good supporting job as Solomon.

Can't wait for the next weeks concluding episode! :D

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
A good episode overall. Hopefully we'll learn how they managed to escape yet again in the next episode. I hope it's a good answer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Pseudonym said:
A good episode overall. Hopefully we'll learn how they managed to escape yet again in the next episode. I hope it's a good answer.

What, the Daleks? We already kow how they escaped - it wa at the end of the Dalek episode last season with an "emergency temporal shift".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
JRR_Talking said:
are these not the 4 daleks that re-appear again in the current time in the cyberman epsidode??

Yes - that's the whole point. They are The Cult of Skaro. At the end of Doomsday (the Cyberman episode), they time travelled back to the 1930s to escape. They're the last four Daleks, allegedly.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Morrus said:
What, the Daleks? We already kow how they escaped - it wa at the end of the Dalek episode last season with an "emergency temporal shift".

D'oh. I must have missed that part. I thought they were sucked through the portal with the rest of the cybermen and the daleks from the genesis ark.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Nah, it's a sequel to it. Russel Davies was saying as much in the Dr Who Confidential show afterwards on BBC3. You see Dalek Sec shift at the end of "Doomsday", but he has also confirmed that the others in the cult got away too.

Cool episode. It yet again passed the "send my daughter running from the room in fear" test :D. I imagine the exagerrated American accents sounded as daft to actual Americans as fake British accents sound to us Brits in US TV and movies. Funny :).

Amazing how they get bits of Wales to look so much like New York! Far better than the ubiquitous quarries that appeared in old Dr Who and Blakes 7...

Remove ads