Whatever happened to Northern Crown

Leatherfut

Explorer
Hi All,
I've recently gotten interested in Northern Crown, read the reviews, the blurbs on the Atlas Games website, and a few threads here and on rpg.net. The author talked about a Boston supplement he was working on, but it seems that never came out. And there hasn't been much talk about the game lately. Is the line dead? Are the two books all that we'll ever see?

Any info you have is appreciated.

Happy Gaming,
Frank

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Leatherfut said:
Hi All,
I've recently gotten interested in Northern Crown, read the reviews, the blurbs on the Atlas Games website, and a few threads here and on rpg.net. The author talked about a Boston supplement he was working on, but it seems that never came out. And there hasn't been much talk about the game lately. Is the line dead? Are the two books all that we'll ever see?

Any info you have is appreciated.

Happy Gaming,
Frank

Atlas got out of d20 publishing and now focuses solely on Ars Magica, where RPG are concerned. Why they made that decision is anybody's guess, but I susepect that it was influenced by both a downturn in d20 earnings and a creative-oriented desire to shift support to their own, long since proven, IP.

[Edit: I had no idea that Atlas had ccontinued PDF support since Adamant quit publishing the Almanac. Good to know :)]

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Whoops, I didn't realize Adamant had stopped. Change "continuing PDF support" to just "PDF support." ;)

Yeah, they stopped after only four issues, I believe. Gareth cited poor sales as the reason behind that decision. Which is unfotunate, because both Northern Crown and Adamant rock. So, yeah, I think the full body of NC currently consists of the two core books and the four issues of the Almanack.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
This always struck me as a very innovative, very cool idea for a d20 campaign setting. I think it was probably a matter of bad timing more than anything else. Here's hoping it somehow finds an audience.

--Erik

Michael Dean

Explorer
jdrakeh said:
Yeah, they stopped after only four issues, I believe. Gareth cited poor sales as the reason behind that decision. Which is unfotunate, because both Northern Crown and Adamant rock. So, yeah, I think the full body of NC currently consists of the two core books and the four issues of the Almanack.

There were 4 issues of Franklyn's Almanac? I thought there were only 2. Do you know something I don't? I would love for there to be two more issues that are out there, waiting for my greedy little fingers to buy.

Remove ads