• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World "Information Center"

FickleGM

Explorer
In the GenCon Badges thread, The_Universe brought up a possible issue:

The_Universe said:
I know in the past we've just had them at the ENnies booth for distribution...but its new location inside the dealer's hall may mean that we have to find an alternate scheme.

Anybody got any ideas?

Not only will the badges be restricted to hall hours, but the message box, pickup games binder, etc. (I'll refer to it as the EN World "Information Center") will also be restricted. I don't know if this will be a major issue for folks, but I know that some used the stuff at all hours of the day, so I thought that it was worth discussing.

So, is it a problem? Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Xath

Moder-gator
*shrug* Last year, I brought the badges to the little Canadiana on Wednesday night for the early-birds. I can do that again this year.

Rystil Arden

First Post
FickleGM said:
In the GenCon Badges thread, The_Universe brought up a possible issue:

Not only will the badges be restricted to hall hours, but the message box, pickup games binder, etc. (I'll refer to it as the EN World "Information Center") will also be restricted. I don't know if this will be a major issue for folks, but I know that some used the stuff at all hours of the day, so I thought that it was worth discussing.

So, is it a problem? Does anyone have any possible solutions?
Hmm...you're right. Getting the badges is not the main problem though--we're going to need to rethink the usual stratagem for gathering the early pick-up games, as it seemed to be either meet at the ENWorld booth or leave the info at the ENWorld booth and run to grab a spot.

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
Xath said:
*shrug* Last year, I brought the badges to the little Canadiana on Wednesday night for the early-birds. I can do that again this year.
I thought that would be a workable solution, but I didn't want to speak for you. Thanks. :)

I don't know how much of a factor that the messages and binder will be, though. That's the main reason that I started the thread, TU's post in the badge thread just made me think of it.

Alenda

First Post
FickleGM said:
I don't know how much of a factor that the messages and binder will be, though. That's the main reason that I started the thread, TU's post in the badge thread just made me think of it.

It all depends on the hours that the Exhibit Hall is open, I guess. Does anyone know this?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Alenda said:
It all depends on the hours that the Exhibit Hall is open, I guess. Does anyone know this?
I seem to remember it is open significantly later for regular guests than the start of the day's Pickup Games. I also remember something about it opening an extra hour earlier for the new 'Very Important' guests, but I'm not positive.

noffham

Explorer
The Exhibit Hall is open from 10am to 6pm every day but Thursday the 16th. On Thursday, those with Trade Day badges and VIG badges get in at 10am and the general opening is 11am.

Cheers!
Noffham

Belen

Adventurer
I plan on giving my cell number to those people in my game. This way, they can call me to find out where the game will be.

FickleGM

Explorer
So, it's the morning crowd that will need to find an information center alternative. The ones that are looking for their 9 o'clock (or 8 o'clock) game and can't head over to the booth to look. On the other hand, perhaps the crowd at the ENnies booth won't be as bad, especially with it being in the tighter confines of the exhibit hall (not that it was always crowded, but it wasn't uncommon for it to be the congregating area for a half-dozen or more EN Worlders).

The_Universe

First Post
Belen said:
I plan on giving my cell number to those people in my game. This way, they can call me to find out where the game will be.
I think you've got the start of a great idea with your thread over on CM, Belen. If we can get enough phone numbers networked out, a physical meeting place should be a little less essential.

Of course, it's not a solution for phoneless luddites, which may reduce its utility.

I also plan to give my number to my players...I just hope they all have phones. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads