• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now that everyone's back: NEW ART! Sidhe Archer vs. Joten Raider! Now in print!

Klaus

First Post
This weekend was a whirlwind of emotion, eh?

Now that the brunt of the storm has passed (but the aftershocks are still felt, I guess) and people are starting to come back from GenCon, I felt it was time to post a painting that I am very, very proud of how it turned out: Sidhe Archer vs. Joten Raiser .

Here's the blurb:
My first fully-painted-from-the-start piece. Those of you who acquired Expeditious Retreat's Pozas Art Pack vol. 1: Heroes might recognize the lady in the above picture. I wanted to give the sidhe archer a look that more closely resembled 18th and 19th century paintings, hence the flowing pink gown. I also wanted her to have a more Celtic feel, hence the design of her fey bow. And the giant reflects his Norse origins with a viking-based helm, recreated as a rendition of a red dragon (yeah, those are dragon horns and teeth in the helm). I am utterly proud of this picture.

Here you can see a (still reduced) detail of the Sidhe Archer , which is wallpaper-sized (1024x768).

UPDATE: Prints of this illustration are now available at pozas.imagekind.com !

Last edited:

Intrope

First Post
That is very sweet! One critique though: the Joten's Grasping Hand seems wrong; the bones seems too high compared to the flesh (as if the flesh was loose and sagging between the hand bones). I like his pose and the feeling that his IMMENSE, though.

Klaus

First Post
Intrope said:
That is very sweet! One critique though: the Joten's Grasping Hand seems wrong; the bones seems too high compared to the flesh (as if the flesh was loose and sagging between the hand bones). I like his pose and the feeling that his IMMENSE, though.
Not the bones, but the tendons. I used my own hand as a reference, and the tendons jump out because of the effort of pulling out a truckload of dirt and rocks in search of one pesky (but hot) defender of Faerie. :D

Treebore

First Post
You should be proud of it, very excellent work. How much is the print? I'm thinking around the 17 inch size range for the print.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads