• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CC3/Forgotten Realms Undermountain II maps: Looking for a scalable background tile

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I've got a very specific request and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've been playing around with developing dungeon maps in CC3 that mimic the style of the old 2e AD&D Ruins of Undermountain boxed set maps. Here's an example of what I've done:

undercity01.jpg

Now, in the followup to that product, Ruins of Undermountain II, the maps are slightly different. Rather than being drawn over a black background, they are drawn over a black and gray tile that looks like pavement stones (two colors, black background with gray outline of stones).

I can't find an image of an UM II map online anywhere to show what it looks like (and my scanner is on the blink), but if anyone familiar with these maps has any idea where I can find a scalable tile of something similar, I would greatly appreciate it. Ideally, it would be a 1000 x 1000 pixel hig res image, preferable PDF, but I can easily convert to PNG if needed.

Thanks in advance - any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
A member of the CC2 Mailing List generously provided me with a PDF scan of a section of an Undermountain II map to show the background I'm talking about. Here is a link to a smaller JPG of that scan:

UMII.jpg

I have the larger scan he made available to me in PDF if there is a way a tile could be made from a larger version of the above image as well.

Hopefully this will make it easier to get help without requiring someone to own UM II. :)

As always, thanks for any help you can provide everyone!

Looking good

If you want to make it look even more like the sample posted earlier you need to:
1. Add a line outlining the rooms and hallways
2. Lighten the grid lines
3. Make the background pattern smaller

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
darkhall-nestor said:
Looking good

If you want to make it look even more like the sample posted earlier you need to:
1. Add a line outlining the rooms and hallways
2. Lighten the grid lines
3. Make the background pattern smaller

Thanks and good eye! That's very helpful advice. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads