D&D 4E How do you feel about 4E right *now*? (week of 1/21/08)

How do you rate 4E based on what we know at this time?

• Thumbs up?

Votes: 406 70.2%
  • Thumbs down?

Votes: 172 29.8%

Awhile back there was a pretty simple poll: How do you feel about 4E right now? (link: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=209115&highlight=feel ). I figured that it would be interesting to see where everyone stands now that we've had a couple of months to sit on the initial announcement and analyze the info WotC has given us.

So, Based ONLY on what we know so far - how do you rate 4E?

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

As before, a neutral option has been purposefully omitted. If you're on the fence, pick the way you're leaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
While it hasn't really changed for me so my outlook even from months before is still positive, it became even more positive though with the showing of the Far Realm.

Cadfan

First Post
Thumbs up.

Its all about mechanics for me because I know I'll be running a homebrew. And the mechanics are looking good.

My only regret is the lack of a druid. My fiance wants to play one, and I want her to play. :)

jeffh

Adventurer
Nowhere near enough options. I can't stand it when people ask me a question whose real answer is very complicated and nuanced and then expect me to respond with a simple "yes" or "no" (or the equivalent).

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Most definitely thumbs up.

More options and customization than the last edition's core, unified mechanical progression (no more learning different rule-sets for playing a Wizard, Fighter, Psion, and "Warblades"), improved, condensed, and simplified mechanics, and flavor that makes a lot more sense to me (on the whole). I am all over 4e.

GlassJaw

Hero
Thumbs down. The more I hear, the less I like, and confirmation of the dragonblooded in the core PHB was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Gundark

Explorer
So far I'm still sitting at a thumbs up position. I don't care about any of the fluff changes as I'll most likely be running a homebrew (that said I'm not hating any fluff change). I still don't know enough and really can't say anything about anything until I get the rules and try them out. However I'm liking the theory behind 4e.

Star Wars Saga has me hopeful for 4e.

GishBandit

Explorer
Thumbs down, I feel it is too soon for a new edition of DnD. I wish we had three more years worth of playing 3.5 or something. I tried too few characters so far. :)

Remove ads