New Job offers at WotC

WotC has new job offers:

Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), is the worldwide market share leader in the trading card game and tabletop roleplaying games categories and a leading publisher of fantasy and science fiction literature.

With the upcoming release of our newest product, the Fourth Edition of the Dungeons and Dragons Roleplaying game, we are creating a new department as part of our Dungeons and Dragons Marketing and Quality Assurance Initiative.

The new group Kelvin 506 will be responsible for ensuring that D&D will be played with the best material and that every player has a chance to enjoy the new game.

Your tasks in the team will include
- Supervising the DDI and the Virtual Gaming Table for proper play.
- Traveling to gamers world-wide and ensure that they are working with the highest quality game material available.
- Make gamers world-wide aware of the benefits of the D&D Fourth Edition, and ensure that they are not harmed by improper, low-quality products, including older editions.
- Psychologically evaluate Dungeon Masters to ensure that they are fit for the new edition and do not cause any harms to the fun of their players - and vice versa.

We're searching with people
- At least 4 years of gaming experience with D&D 3rd edition, at least 2 years of them also as an active Dungeon Master
- Previous experience in Law Enforcement or Firefighting
- A Bachelor or similar degree in Medical or Psychological Sciences, Game Theory, Computer or Physical Sciences
- Fluent speaker of English and at least one other language
- Previous military training and experience

Furthermore, your job will require confidentiality and the willingness to travel both within the United States and beyond.

We are also searching for employees outside of the United States, especially in the European Union.
<snip>

Yay! I am seriously considering to mail them my resume. After reading all the [Hey, guess what! Posting a humor thread doesn't give you free rein to insult folks. so I'm jumping in here... la la la, I sure am... ok. Offending bit thoroughly trampled. Back to the thread. ~ Love & hugs & stuff, PCat and the moderators], this is the best thing that could happen. This will show everyone doubting of the 4E quality that WotC means serious business, and they will do everything in their power to make this edition the best ever.

Oh, by the way:
Source:
Wizards of the Coast I
Wizards of the Coast II

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinorNY

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Your tasks in the team will include
- Traveling to gamers world-wide and ensure that they are working with the highest quality game material available.
- Make gamers world-wide aware of the benefits of the D&D Fourth Edition, and ensure that they are not harmed by improper, low-quality products, including older editions.

Dude, I wish that was true.
My country's licensed publisher could definitely receive a visit from this guys.

This month's release here is Player's Guide to Faerûn... :(

Last edited:

Sitara

Explorer
Wait...why the heck are they looking for ex-cops, ex-firemen, ex-military men?

Seriously, are they sending people in warzones or something, or sending them into jails to teach convicts how to play dnd?

Incenjucar

Legend
Sitara said:
Wait...why the heck are they looking for ex-cops, ex-firemen, ex-military men?

Seriously, are they sending people in warzones or something, or sending them into jails to teach convicts how to play dnd?

It's a "joke" thread. :\

Sitara

Explorer
Ohhhhh...*bangs head against...something hard ont he outside/soft on the inside*

And here I thought they were finally focusing on quality control. :|

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Our prohibition against threadcrapping applies to humor threads as well. Not your cup of tea? That's totally okay. Move on to another thread instead of purely posting disparagement, please. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads