• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long Threads Moratorium

Michael Morris

First Post
No more long threads for awhile folks. When a thread hits the 1000 post point please alert a mod and fork it. This might help speed up the machine some - it can't hurt. This morning in dev I ran a query check against the Hivemind thread - 30 seconds to query for it's posts. That is unacceptably high, especially on a board as large as this.

RavinRay

Explorer
Since I help out with BOZ and Shade in a few of the monster conversions at the Creature Catalog's General Monster Talk forum, a quick glance there shows several 1,000+ post threads, none of them sticky. Does this apply to threads that already hit the threshold or just to those nearing it?

DM_Matt

First Post
My Superheroes of thee Trust Game Thread in Playing the Game is over 2,000. I'll start a new one, but what is this forking thing? Are mods able to turn a thread into multiple ones?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Mods can split the thread, but if I remember right (from doing it a couple hundred times) mistakes can be made and threads can end up shuffled a bit out of order.

Shade

Monster Junkie
RavinRay said:
Since I help out with BOZ and Shade in a few of the monster conversions at the Creature Catalog's General Monster Talk forum, a quick glance there shows several 1,000+ post threads, none of them sticky. Does this apply to threads that already hit the threshold or just to those nearing it?

I believe I've closed the last of the active 1,000+ threads in General Monster Talk.

Lazybones

Adventurer
What about story hour threads? I'm at a point where I can move to a new one, but it's nice to have a continuous thread for people to find the ongoing story. Some of the threads, like Sagiro's, have been active for years and years, are linked to from numerous places, and are still being updated.

Remove ads