D&D 4E 4e Character Sheet, by Neceros

neceros

Adventurer
Hello folks.

After a bored weekend I started putting together my fourth edition sheet. Now, keep in mind this is a beta as I don't have the rules. Also, I am not 100% on the placement of anything. This all is subject to change, but that's why I'm here!

I want to know what everyone wants from a 4th sheet.

This is assuming, of course, that we aren't talking about the Digital Initiative. I'm not worried about online play or the character manager. I'm only talking about paper and pencil characters, here.

Link:
http://www.neceros.com/index.php?page=dl_dnd4

Thanks!

Blizzardb

First Post
The sheet is very nice. However it would be great if you make a shortened version and manage to fit everything, including powers, on 2 pages. Everyone in my playgroup prefers to use a single 2-sided sheet.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Very cool. Strangely, I don't think it was until I saw the skill area of a character sheet before I really came to appreciate the simplicity of the new skill game design. No auditing skill points... crazy!

neceros

Adventurer
ThirdWizard said:
Very cool. Strangely, I don't think it was until I saw the skill area of a character sheet before I really came to appreciate the simplicity of the new skill game design. No auditing skill points... crazy!
Yeah, it was strange how small that box was!

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
One page sheet?

I'd love to see a one-page 4e character sheet. With the reduction in powers I bet one could make a good single page sheet that wouldn't require any flipping at all.

When I was at D&D Experience, I think I ended up spending most of my time on my power sheet, not on the character sheet. I bet with some careful data reduction, one could make a single character sheet with all of the most important information still there.

So there's a challenge for you. Make me a single page version of that sheet =)

PeelSeel2

Explorer
mshea said:
I'd love to see a one-page 4e character sheet. With the reduction in powers I bet one could make a good single page sheet that wouldn't require any flipping at all.

When I was at D&D Experience, I think I ended up spending most of my time on my power sheet, not on the character sheet. I bet with some careful data reduction, one could make a single character sheet with all of the most important information still there.

So there's a challenge for you. Make me a single page version of that sheet =)

I second that!! The simplicity of 4e reminds a little of Moldvay Basic D&D. Although it is more complicated, from what I have seen they have captured the spirit. Just can't wait to get a hold of the rules and fully find out!!

jtrowell

First Post
Looks good, but i see some ways to improve it :

- update the magic item slots (see the article about magic items to get the new list).

- I think that you can remove the magic item bonus to abilities, as such permanent bonuses should not exist anymore in 4th edition.

- About the skills, we know that there are still some misc bonuses (feats or racial bonus), and there might be a skill focus bonus like in Star Wars Saga, so an additionnal column might be needed

Remove ads