A new look and a new focus!

Fighting Man

First Post
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/images/diaglo_odnd_th.JPG[/imager]Today is an important day in the evolution of this website. Due to a combination of public reminiscence about older versions of D&D, and fractious and acerbic relations between the owner and staff of the site in recent months, the website has changed hands. Not only that, but it has changed its focus and name.

Diaglo's OD&D News will bring you daily updates on the latest developments in the original D&D industry. We'll talk about expansions for Chainmail, discuss the newest additions to the original Dungeons and Dragons (now referred to as OD&D - the box set of three booklets published in 1974), and even touch on later, more modern incarnations of the game such as 1978's Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. For example, how's this for a scoop - rumor has it that with the advent of the cleric, the fighting man, and the magic-user, TSR (or whatever they're called now) intends to come out with a fourth class that will represent the everyman hero, or the adventurer living on his wits and guile, and with a surprising range of special abilities that center on avoiding detection and delivering devastating blows when it really counts. Stay tuned for more details!

To mark the occasion, artist Claudio Pozas has drawn us a wonderful piece of art, which you can see to the right. Click on it for the full version!

Unfortunately, recent events (such as the announcement of yet another edition of D&D) have led to acrimonious "edition wars" on the forums of this website['s predecessor]. This has proved very disruptive - and may even be a contributing factor as to why the previous owner sold the site - and we are determined to prevent such behaviour ruining everyone's fun. That's why there is a strict pro-OD&D policy here at Diaglo's OD&D News. That means no criticism of any edition of D&D released up to and including 1978's AD&D (you may criticize later products, reprints and revisions, or editions). Importantly, whilst it is still OK to discuss the impending new edition of the game, we ask that you do not speak too enthusiastically about it.

Last edited:

Shennissari

First Post
Seriously?

I've been coming to this site for months specifically for 4th edition related news. I never created an account because I never felt the need to post anything that hadn't already been said or wasn't going to be in the near future. Despite many breakthroughs with the new system and/or crazy debates, I have kept quite. But I think now is an appropriate time to speak up.

I am not allowed to speak too enthusiastically about 4e? Seriously. I have absolutely no problems with Old school D&D and I greatly respect what it has done to evolve roleplaying games, video games, and many other industries. But I feel a bit strange at being told not to be excited about a new edition of D&D.

It might be because I've used Enworld as my main source of news for 4e. I mean, you guys are absolutely amazing at pulling tidbits from around the web and bringing them together in one amazing site. I really hope that part doesn't change much, but judging by that first post I'm not sure that's the direction you guys are still going.

I'm sure the sight will always be great, I just don't know if you'll still be catering to members of the same audience. Good luck.

kingcrowley669

First Post
I was really enjoying this site but i don't like the new direction. Blah, i'll probably get a bunch of 1st edition mongers attacking me for this but i'm sorry this isn't cool.

Remove ads