CLOSED: Final uploaded. Thank you editors.

Verys Arkon

First Post
EDIT: Thanks you editors for getting the worst errors out of v2.0 before it was released April 17th.

Anything else you wish to add or change would be welcome for v2.1. Please use the main sticky thread.

Cheers,
Verys.

A draft of Version 2.0 of the PrRC is ready to be edited. I thought I'd do a public editing phase this time to avoid having to do a quick update. Anyone who is interested in editing it please download it, and leave your feedback here or mail it to me directly. Once a few days have passed I'll put the final version in the main Sticky thread and notify Morrus.

All new text and heavily modified text is in red (I will make it black for the final release).

Many thanks ahead of time to those that help edit this draft! :D

CHANGED IN VERSION 2.0 (APRIL 15.08)

Added Dragonborn to races section, racial ability score modifiers, racial skill modifiers (Kwalish Kid)
Added Warlord (still MANY unknowns), to classes section – including powers known, all appropriate tables.
• Added enough fan-generated powers to create a level 1 Warlord and a level 1 Rogue (Deathdonut, TheLordWinter, VBMEW-01, author of the pre-gens Varis Darkstrider and Fidder Rivers?).
• Added Wizard powers Dispell Magic. Added known Wizard powers revealed at DDXP.
• Added Tactical Assault and Burning Blizzard feats (eiglos).
• Added illustrations for Bursts and Blasts.
• Added Line of Sight and Line of Effect rules from DDM2.
• Reorganized Actions, Movement, Injury, and Combat sections to more closely follow 3.5 PHB organization.
• Clarified Healing Surges, after Chris Sims (WotC Designer) post.
• Clarified Warlock’s curse and Ranger’s Quarry to indicate the additional damage only applies to successful attacks. It is not ‘auto-damage’.
• Paladin’s Shielding Smite adds + Wis AC, instead of +Cha (if Shielding Smite is the renamed Safeguard Smite) (FireLance).
• Added known class skills to class descriptions
• Changed references to base ability modifiers to be more consistent.
• Added colors to powers (Dave Noonan's Blog 3.25.2008)
• Formatting: Changed font to Mentor (used in the PHB), narrowed margins, improved pagination for double-sided printing.

Last edited:

deathdonut

First Post
I'm honored as hell to be credited at all in your awesome compilation, but would appreciate the name be de-typo'd from Deathdoghnut to Deathdonut. :)

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this!

Verys Arkon

First Post
deathdonut said:
I'm honored as hell to be credited at all in your awesome compilation, but would appreciate the name be de-typo'd from Deathdoghnut to Deathdonut. :)

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this!

hehe, oops, I'll get that fixed, thanks :eek:

Duckforceone

First Post
looking great. Didn't spot any errors right of the quick read through, though i only read the standard stuff, and skipped most of the high level stuff.

though it's cool to read, it's needless to have in the normal part of the phb lite, as we cannot use these skills without knowing more. (talking about high level spells)

I think it would be nicer to have in the back, like the player made stuff. But that's just me.

But a world of thanks for your great work.

bganon

Explorer
Amazing work!

I have some increasingly speculative comments:

Didn't people conclude that the halfling paladin was probably getting a +1 Def bonus from size/race? I don't see this bonus mentioned. You have a +1 all as a Paladin bonus, but I don't think that explains Corrin's Will defense.

Do I just have an old copy of the pregen characters, or does it look like the Ranger's Nature skill is keyed off of Wis rather than Int? If this isn't a typo, could this is a class feature (wild empathy, maybe)? [EDIT: I missed that you put a +1 bonus in red]

And finally, this has probably been discussed to death but I thought there was a distinct possibility that the fighter does NOT get a +1 to attacks, but that Kathra uses Con for melee attack and damage (as a class/race/weapon feature), and gets +1 attack/damage from the weapon training feat? Probably this is too speculative to include.

Last edited:

TheLordWinter

First Post
Page 4, under Elf Weapon's Training: You missed the t in shortbow.

In addition, I suggest keeping the simple race write-ups featured in the PHB Lite 1.3.1 My players found these very helpful in trying to put together PCs. It needn't give full details such as what "Elven Accuracy" does, but including just that they receive it would help. I'll keep looking and see if anything else pops up.

Edit: Page 46 claims Rodney mentioned a player using his history skill to "had" which should likely be hide.

Edit: Under the traps section, you could add the Hynpotoad Trap Mearls unveiled at a con. I don't have the specifics but I think Chairwoman Gene posted them under the I-Con scoops?

Last edited:

bganon

Explorer
In the Cleric writeup under class skills it says: History (Wis) where everywhere else it is History (Int)

Edit: In the Paladin writeup under Holy Strike it says: 1[W]+2 radiant damage, but Holy Strike is completely consistent with being a regular Str-based attack (for attack roll and damage)

Edit: Judging from the confusion in another thread, it might be worth clarifying that it -appears- that charging (a) does not have to be in a straight line and (b) only provokes opportunity attacks in the same way that normal movement does (in other words, it doesn't generally provoke an OA from the target)

Edit: Should it be noted somewhere that the Eladrin Ranger pregen has an extra feat (perhaps as a Ranger class feature)?

Last edited:

MindWright

First Post
Page 10, first HP chart; extra space between 15 and + in the fighter row, Cons instead of Con in the wizard row. Second HP chart; Cons instead of Con in the wizard row.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dying: The [20] stabilization rule was mentioned in an article, and a few times by Mouseferatu, I think. It has also been mentioned in several playtest reports by various designers. It is certainly NOT only in the DDM rules.

To the best of my knowledge a 20 on a dying save allows you to activate your Second Wind (if, and only if, it is available) otherwise you simply stop rolling saves.

Otherwise I have very little to add.

Fitz

Vaeron

Explorer
Nothing to add, but I do want to say your work on this has been tremendous. Thanks for compiling all of this information for us.

Remove ads