Setting Changes

Michael Morris

First Post
With IronWolf's help I think I found the slowdown problem - we'll know for sure when we hit the 3000 user afternoon mark. If the setting changes I made do not have an effect I will probably make more this afternoon - during which the server may briefly be reset. Save any long posts before making them folks.

Michael Morris

First Post
Well we are at the 2000 mark and climbing with no slowdown whatsoever - indeed it's running faster now than it was at 3 this morning. I feel like an idiot now because if I had realized what the Hell was going on this could have been fixed awhile ago :(

Brown Jenkin

First Post
After browsing some more I have found that it isn't perfect yet. I still occasionally get some lags loading but they are few and far between and the lag is much shorter than it was. I will say though that browsing at 95% is far far better than browsing at 50% like we were.

drothgery

First Post
Michael Morris said:
Well we are at the 2000 mark and climbing with no slowdown whatsoever - indeed it's running faster now than it was at 3 this morning. I feel like an idiot now because if I had realized what the Hell was going on this could have been fixed awhile ago :(

Does that mean we'll be able to move to more than 15 posts/page sometime soon?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
It is better now than it has been the past few evenings, but it took a really long time to load the main page when I first surfed over to EN World about five minutes ago.

Remove ads