D&D 4E 4e PHB Chapter by Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdm

First Post
Have you actually played a few sessions of the game? A few tactical-only fights doesn't count — have you tried playing it as a full-on invested-in-your-character RPG? 'Cause the "I read through the books and it's awful!" thing is a perfectly valid opinion and all, but not one with much weight.

Kishin

First Post
mattdm said:
Have you actually played a few sessions of the game? A few tactical-only fights doesn't count — have you tried playing it as a full-on invested-in-your-character RPG? 'Cause the "I read through the books and it's awful!" thing is a perfectly valid opinion and all, but not one with much weight.

Are you kidding? This is the stuff the internet is built on.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
Thanks you for putting a "4e rips off WoW" comment towards the beginning of several of your chapters, so that I know what I'm getting into.

mxyzplk

Explorer
mattdm said:

You're right, no one who hasn't been playing 4e for at least a month should have an opinion. :p

You can turn Monopoly into a role-playing game if you try hard enough. The question is whether it's suited to it. If it doesn't pass even a readthrough why bother; there's a hundred other games out there that do. If you like 4e more power to you. I don't.

Skywalker

Adventurer
The language names are gayer - “primordial” and “supernal”, for example.

lots of “shifting” (the new, gay term for moving.)

Nothing says "quality internet review" than a couple of deriding homosexual references :)

BTW what is so gay about "primordial"?

Masquerade

First Post
Skywalker said:
Nothing says "quality internet review" than a couple of deriding homosexual references :)
I was just popping in to say the same thing, albeit without the smile.

Ugh.

mxyzplk

Explorer
Sorry teh ghey makes you ignore all the actual information in the reviews. Or is it just a gambit to dismiss a differing opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads